italyrentals.com ???

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
willemijn

italyrentals.com ???

Post by willemijn »

When searching the web the other day, I came across the www website ‘italyrentals.com’. I asked information and they wrote me very briefly to say the website and domain name are for sale …. I asked further details and received immediately the email that they are getting a huge reply and are looking for my offer. Checking their website in more detail, it looks like an empty thing, just the software with fake houses.
Any ideas what is going on here?
Willemijn Lindeboom
www.villainumbria.com
livinginitaly

Post by livinginitaly »

Looks like yet another travel company failure.

They claim ties with http://www.giratravel.com/ though this domain has since passed on to 'new' owners. Using the 'wayback machine' you can see that it was probably their first attempt.

http://web.archive.org/web/200111271806 ... ravel.com/

They are now using 'off the shelf' listing software, but have obviously struggled to get clients, hence the reason the domain is 'for sale'.

Personally I wouldn't put an awful lot of value on the domain, but if you are interested you could check http://www.sedo.co.uk/appraisal.php3?language=e for an appraisal.

HTH
willemijn

Post by willemijn »

not really interested, I was actually wondering whether the houses listed on the site are houses for rent, because none has a price, nor can one reach the owners.
It looks like a site one would not pay much for.
Willemijn Lindeboom
www.villainumbria.com
livinginitaly

Post by livinginitaly »

Hey, forgot to mention ...... thanks for adding your links and property to our sites, hope they are of some benefit to you :)

We'll be making our move probably late Feb / early March .... would you know anywhere on the Tuscan / Umbrian border to rent for around 2 or 3 months? Need two bedrooms and good road access from which to explore the area.

Any help would be very welcome!
willemijn

Post by willemijn »

there are many places I could recommend. Could you send me a private message with your phone number, then I will call and can call you to see whether I can recommend a place.

Will see what the results are of being listed. Will let you know!

Thanks.
Willemijn Lindeboom
www.villainumbria.com
willemijn

LivinginItaly.com

Post by willemijn »

according to my statistics package, my website has been viewed 6 times from livinginitaly.com

That is not bad at all.

Thanks.
Willemijn Lindeboom
www.villainumbria.com