BBC Prime.

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Paul Carmel

BBC Prime.

Post by Paul Carmel »

Anyone know what happened to BBC Prime on Canal Sat?
Cheers
PC
Stu

Post by Stu »

No idea mate, we're still on the UK Freesat stuff here.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Slightly off topic

Our houses have theyre own box but are linked through the same Sat connection.....
Got a call Saturday evening while we were out ..
that the guest couldnt get the tele going...
Next day Paula went to see..checked digi card thingy...remote etc...said I will just check what its like next door put the main elec switch on next door and the chap says
Thats fine Great picture.....

So if the main power is off in one house no picture in the other[probably cos the aerial thingys linked]

Good job weve found that out though[usually both houses are rented together so the powers on in both] :roll:
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

BBC Prime's contract with CanalSat expired on 31 December, according to the BBC. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the merged Canal TPS carries BBC Prime or not...Mind you I cant say I will miss endless repeats of The Good Life and Keeping Up Appearances:roll: :roll:
Cheers
PC
Stu

Post by Stu »

That chicken is HUGE!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Stu & Syb,

"That chicken is HUGE!"

I think you will find it is not a chicken, It is a cockerel..................just don't, stop please, this is a family show.
Cheers
PC
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

We currently get it with TPS, but as you say Paul its all repeats. The one good thing with tps , not sure if its the same with canel but if you watch a film you can change to VO if its was made in the uk or states, well it works let say 80% of the time
Nessie
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

The VO option works on Canal Sat as well, We are seriously looking into SKY, all be it through gritted teeth.........for 6 years here we have resisted but French sat TV just gets worse by the year, not to mention forking out 75Euros a month for the pleasure of Canal Sat and Plus.
Cheers
PC
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paul Carmel wrote:The VO option works on Canal Sat as well, We are seriously looking into SKY, all be it through gritted teeth.........for 6 years here we have resisted but French sat TV just gets worse by the year, not to mention forking out 75Euros a month for the pleasure of Canal Sat and Plus.
That makes the full SKY package at 60€ a month quite good value unless you are one of those who insists on being integrated, even when it comes to TV viewing. Personally, I am quite happy leaving my TV viewing totally disintegrated.

Fluffy
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I agree - I have Sky+ for 60€ a month and can't remember life without it for the ease of recording things, fast forwarding through ads etc. I watch French TV as well, but like to have the choice of both. The most important thing for me is the ability to get UK radio stations on my Sky Gnome which are SO much better than French radio stations!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

As I type there is a bloke on our roof fitting what looks like something he nicked from NASA so that we can have Sky TV.

I have an uneasy feeling about it all really, we have managed for 6 years without it. I don't know, I feel a bit of cop out :roll:
Cheers
PC
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi PC

Im a bit worried :( ......
Did you ever see the Fools and Horses episode....
where Del Boy had a Massive New Satellite dish fitted on his Balcony...........
At the same time as a navigation one was found missing from the end of the nearby Airport Runway :idea: ......

If you can hear Engine noises getting nearer :shock: ....Duck :!:

On second thoughts it could be a great selling point ....
2 mins from nearest Airport....... :wink: :lol: :lol: .
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Paul Carmel wrote:As I type there is a bloke on our roof fitting what looks like something he nicked from NASA so that we can have Sky TV.

I have an uneasy feeling about it all really, we have managed for 6 years without it. I don't know, I feel a bit of cop out :roll:
Paul, you may find it attracts guests too - I get a lot of people now who want UK TV (sad, I know!) but it seems to be something that people expect now - often for the kids TV and sport too.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Well the telly man came and the telly man went and we are left with 300 channels of c**p and no BBC1 or ITV........he muttered something about problem with the LMB :roll:

What is an LMB?
Cheers
PC
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Its the thing on the end of the arm where the wires go into the dish. Have you got BBC2 and channel 4? I'd rather have them than ITV anyday!