Legal Matters

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Alan Knighting

Legal Matters

Post by Alan Knighting »

From time to time postings raise questions relating to legal matters. The postings and replies tend to be sprinkled around the Forum in various threads and are therefore very difficult to track down.

Would it not be a good idea to keep all such questions and answers within one single thread so that members can find and follow them quite easily? What do you think?

I had the bright? idea of putting together a resumé on the subject of Capital Gains Tax but have abandoned it as being far too large and complex a subject.

During my initial research I came across a number of web sites containing information on legal, etc. matters.

One such which might be useful to fellow members of the Forum is:-

www.whereonearthgroup.com/advice.php

Admittedly it is a property letting site and the advice content is supplied by a firm of UK solicitors so the whole thing is commercial in it's motivation but I think free advice is always worth having.
helene

Post by helene »

Hello Alan - I think it is a good idea, especially when I read postings like Alexia's well informed and evidenced responses. I will have a track through my own informative websites and post any that I think will help.
regards
helene :D
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

That idea has my vote! :)
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

I'll see what I can do. The trouble is that good legal advice tends to spring up in the middle of a thread about something else. Perhaps the way to do it is to have a 'legal' index with links to each subject covered.

The lazy person in me says: "Let them use the search function!"
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paolo,
The trouble is that good legal advice tends to spring up in the middle of a thread about something else.
Yes, that is the very point I was making. I haven't tried the Search feature before but it does work well in finding words or phrases used in previous postings. However, I think, if you view one of the threads you can't go back to the results screen, you have to repeat the search.
The lazy person in me says: "Let them use the search function!"
Realistically that's probably the best way.

So that I can compound the confusion caused by posting something in the wrong place, does anyone use the www.viamichelin.com website? Lots of useful offerings including a route mapping facility.

Alan
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Whoa -- we've gone from legal questions to driving directions in one post? Well done!
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

If anybody has some time to kill and a high boredom threshold.....why not have a go at indexing the legal advice that has sprung up in various places on the forum? Let me know if you are interested and I'll suggest how to do it.

Alan,

Yes, I have used viamichelin and I think it is very good as far as these automated directions go. They are not always right. But they do include a useful map.
Paolo
Lay My Hat