Johnny Hallyday has moved to Switzerland to flee tax!

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Paul Carmel

Johnny Hallyday has moved to Switzerland to flee tax!

Post by Paul Carmel »

Goodbye to crap music.

If it means a high tax rate to keep JH out, then I am well in favour.??!!?? Will the radio and TV stations take any notice?

Sorry.........so very sorry, to you Swiss folk, he is all yours now :lol:
Cheers
PC
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I thought he was going back to his national country, Belgium.
I don't think it will harm his popularity one bit, after all one of the main preoccupations of the French in general is trying to find ways of avoiding paying tax! That and producing crap music.
There was an interesting programme on Capital M6 the other week - apparently if you invest in art you are exempt from paying the ISF (impots sur la fortune, rich tax) and if you buy forestry land you get a tax rebate. Not that any of us on LMH are be concerned with paying ISF...yet!
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Think Johnny intends to descend on Gstaad to 'allumer le feu'...and line the coffers of the Swiss government...

Whatever you think about his music, I would rather see his money go to France than some other country...he is apparently taxed at 72% in France, so you can't really blame him for attempting some damage limitation!

Referring to the same programme that Susan saw, there are only 1000 top-bracket tax payers left in France...what's good about that?

Taxes and other contributions are high in France, especially for (small) businesses. If they were lowered, maybe it would help stimulate the economy and make France more competitive?

As for the ISF.....well, you may find it creeps up on you sooner than you think.

By the way: did you know that as a non-French property buyer you are liable to pay ISF? (if you qualify to pay, of course) I thought it only applied to French nationals, but no..