Tax!!

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Hells Bells

Tax!!

Post by Hells Bells »

Has anyone used this lot, or heard anything about them?

http://www.frenchtaxonline.com/index.php
Stu

Post by Stu »

Nope! But I liked their numbers based on my limited input!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Me too! This will be the first one we have completed, so I do want to get it right.
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Thanks Helen,

Have added it to my favourites, for a proper look!

Robert
Stu

Post by Stu »

After checking it out a bit further, I'm more impressed. I have a meeting scheduled with our accountant this week, and I'll be printing off some stuff to show her, just to get it 'verified' by someone in the know.

Good luck Helen!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

It didn't correspond to what I paid in 2005 I'm afraid and is extremely simplistic - there are various 'abattements' to be taken in to account and even after netting these out the figure was wrong. Don't forget that income tax tends to be the minor part of whatever you pay tax wise especially if you have children - there is also the CSG which was 3 times greater than the amount of the actual 'impots revenue' paid last year and of course the dreaded contributions sociales.
Leo

Post by Leo »

It is very over-simplified. I am non-resident in France and just have French rental income and the estimate I got is just not right even with my small knowledge of French tax.

As an accountant in the UK I would advise you to go and see an accountant personally especially in the first year of preparing a tax return rather than using an internet service.

This will be my first year for submitting a tax return to the French tax authorities and even with some experience in tax affairs it does look daunting in a foreign language and different tax regime.

One question I have is when are the tax forms for 2006 actually available? I had a look at the www.impots.gouv.fr and the forms were not available. I would appreciate any feedback on how people, who are non resident in France. have found the process of submitting returns. Thanks.
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Possibly not a great help to you, but last year forms not out until May. (ish)

Robert
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Last year they were delayed due to redesigning etc, but apparently this year they should arrive by end March - we will see though!
Cheers
PC
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

They were not delayed last year, les impots introduced a new system of pre filled in tax forms (for salariés). They obviously take longer to prepare for everyone and that is why the form doesn't come out until the beginning of May now.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I can't find anyone locally (in UK) who is able to help us with our French tax, and visiting would be difficult anyway, due to long work hours for both of us, and hubby working Sats.