Advice please, Midi-Pyrenees property owners

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Giddy Goat

Advice please, Midi-Pyrenees property owners

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi all - I've had an inquiry for a 5 week let for April/May of next year - it's from 17th April to 22nd May. This avoids Easter and school half term but includes a (UK) bank holiday Monday (May 5th), for what that's worth. Our normal weekly rate for 2007 is set for £900 pw (inc of all the usual things) for that period. As this doesn't usually get booked, I'm not intending to raise the rate next year, so would still be basing any reduction for a longer let on this.

We would be happy to open the pool for this group towards the end of their stay - any earlier and it would be a waste of time. Unfortunately the pool isn't heated. So what I need to know from you guys, since April/May is still an unknown quantity for us, is....just how cold will it be at that time of year - ie will the group be likely to need heating/logs around then? I really haven't a clue what to charge and still be in profit - we are of the mind-set that prefers to leave the house empty over the very coldest months, since even if punters were paying for the utilities, we'd always worry about whether they were comfortable. As you know, French farmhouses are generally not as cosy as homes in the UK!

All comments sought - re weather and/or suggested rates!

Thank you! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Hi Jane
To be honest we have never had any heating on in May, last year however we did have the wood burner going in April but not every night. Thinking about it last year I think has been the only year where the fire has been on in April, maybe a sign of the changes. We have also had guests stay in May and none have used the heating in the bedrooms at that time of year

We normally open the pool the middle of April but the only ones in are the kid’s last year 16 degree, don’t know how they do it. Personally the pool was not warm enough for me until June, then it took me a good 10 minutes to get in
Nessie