Is everyone madly busy with enquiries except me?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
memes

Post by memes »

Hi I was really pleased with how bookings for 07 were doing before xmas - 3 weeks of Aug, 3 weeks of May booked.
Was hoping to get lots of enquiries as Jan started but absolutely nothing - still have 3 weeks of school summer hols and easter available plus June/July dates.
We have our own site, are on OD and HR, Perfect places and HLettings and are using google adwords plus numerous freebie sites. Its a big place so I think we often get prime weeks booked early by very organised people but I'm sure last year I was getting far more enquiries (even from people who hadn't bothered to look at availability) but not a dickie bird since mid Dec.
Is anyone else feeling a bit left out or are you all mad busy fighting em off? Maybe italy just aint the 'hot' place this year..
I'm not panicking - plenty of time left I hope but it seems odd.

M
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I'm not getting much at the moment and it was the same, this time last year. They trickled in though and we ended up being fully booked, so I wouldn't worry about it.
brenda

Post by brenda »

We had a flurry of enquiries - no confirmed bookings though - the first week in January but nothing at all since.

Have a French family interested in 9 days at Easter - want to put 2 adults + 3 children into a room we usually allow for a maximum of 3 - but we are having major language problems!!! Although there is ample space for 5 in the room I am reluctant to commit myself to so much extras bedding etc. but am tempted to accept in case I don´t get another enquiry for that week.

Oh well - good to know its not just us getting little interest.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Absolutely not! It would be totally out of character if we were.

2007 will be our 8th year of ownership of self catering cottages. In all the years so far we have received a sprinkling of enquiries just after Christmas followed by next to nothing until March or April, when things “hot up�.

Also, we get a lot of repeat business and those enquiries tend to made much closer to the day of the visit anyway.

“Don’t worry, be happy�

Fluffy
memes

Post by memes »

thank you all! I'm feeling much better now...

M
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Not many enquiries here either and it sounds like I'm advertising in all the same places as you! March 2006 we were extremely busy with enquiries so fingers crossed.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Busy...not at all! I was expectantly waiting for the 'January Rush'...but just getting the odd one or two enquiries...(could be because we have most of the peak weeks already booked). We've still got plenty of availability during the low-mid season, so hoping they'll be taken because of the newly installed pool heating! :roll:
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Dead as a dead thingy over this way.......We are normally up and at it by this time of year.
Cheers
PC
roxytoo

bookings

Post by roxytoo »

Lots of enquiries.............but no bookings!!! Very frustrating. Keep looking at my stats on OD, 93 have looked since put the ad on, 2 enquiries, no bookings, makes you wonder WHY they don't like it....................... :cry:
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

jan 06 = 18 enquiries. :P

jan 07 to date = 5 enquiries :shock:

will report back end jan. Methinks this is worth monitoring given the rise in interest rates :?

tudor
www.frigiliana-apartment.com
Sometimes i sits and thinks - and sometimes i just sits...
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Agreed, same here. Two years ago we were nearly fully booked by mid-February, but last year (and apparently this year) it happened much later.
Brooke
brenda

Post by brenda »

139 hits on our OD ad Jan 07 - resulting in just 2 enquiries + 2 bookings.

Finally had 2 short break bookings this p.m. - 1 x 1 night this Saturday (OD) and 1 x 5 nights in August /Homelidays). Both short but Oh So Sweet + VERY welcome!
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

I am also very quiet Memes . I had people booking to return and new bookings in the autumn, but nothing since Christmas!
I hope someone does an article on Umbria in the Sunday Papers!
Giulia
annemf

Post by annemf »

We have had 6 weeks bookings since New Year. A mix of new bookings, repeats and friends. This is only my 2nd year and I am really pleased so far. Owners direct seems to be about the only site I am on that works and I have just renewed my advert for another year.

I bet after the weather in the UK today everyone will be on booking up their holidays this week-end. (ever hopefull!!)

Anne

www.fuertevillas.com
linda147

Post by linda147 »

I have only had 3 enquiries and 1 booking so far in January. The stats on both my website and the rental site show that lots of people are looking but not enquiring. Maybe people are having a general look around before they book and things will improve.
I also wonder if the rise in tax on flights and all the publicity against people flying in general, and the effect on the environment is having an impact? Anyone got any thoughts?
Personally I think China is more of a problem but I wonder if people are thinking twice about flying to Spain etc?
Hope I am worrying unnecessarily! Bad weather in UK at the moment might help.