Is everyone madly busy with enquiries except me?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I don't know Brenda - that could work, your offer of All Inclusive meals is certainly more relaxing than self-catering - would be a lovely way to end a holiday, bit of pampering thrown in too. Are you offering massages too? :wink:

Kathy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Not necessarily Brenda

An option is always welcome after all.

Especially the first days while they get organised.....
Much as I love Hubby spending all day just nursing him is driving me round the bend!!!
You could spend time chatting to me in the Chatterbox Club and you could get to the bend[and around it] even quicker :wink: :roll: :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Brenda

one of the things that a company does here is offer a service to Villa owners....bascally it involves caring for their guests before and after departure time from the villa.
i.e. if they depart at 10am but don't fly until midnight they have the option of staying at this place. I've had at least 2 of my guests over the years take this up.

I'll pm you with more details if you're interested?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
brenda

Post by brenda »

Yes please Mouse.

Have just posted a free ad on Craigslist to see if there is any interest in A.I. option.

Thanks all for your helpful replies.

Brenda
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Brenda,
If you don't mind my asking, how did you get on to Craig's list?

I can find the lists, but I can't find anywhere that it says 'advertisers sign in' or anything like that.

Regards,
Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
brenda

Post by brenda »

Choose the area you wish your ad to go under.

Click on to that page and then onto HOUSING section subsection Vacation Rentals.

In top right hand corner you will see the word POST.

Click here and follow the simple instructions.

When you have completed your ad they will send you an email where you check your ad and click for it to be posted. usually live after 15 minutes or so.

Hope this makes sense!

Brenda
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Sounds sensible!

Thanks,
Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

They might before their holiday though if they booked midweek flights for example and there rental started on a Saturday? It does sound like hard work though.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Mouse

Thanks for taking the time to send such useful information.

Much appreciated.

Brenda
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Craig's list is a hot bed for scammers and spammers...............watch your step
Cheers
PC
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Have just refused a discount to someone for a week in September... part of me is in a bit of a panic given that inquiries are slower than usual this year. I feel worse because she seemed really keen to book but just couldn't afford it, so I could have another booked week if I was willing to take, say, 15% less.

Has anyone else done this this season?

Of course, the other part of me is saying this is just "business as usual"... and then hoping that it really is "usual" this year. :shock:
Brooke
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi. I've not discounted yet but have just put a smaller rate for couples only up to Easter just in case anyone is interested. Not given any discounts for any bookings yet though. It is very slow at the mo:-( That is the trouble with having all the peak weeks booked up a year or so before though,there isn't much left for the others to fight over !! I have no bookings outside of May- August yet, but then I didn't have last year at this time either . :roll:
gh

Post by gh »

vrooje wrote: Of course, the other part of me is saying this is just "business as usual"... and then hoping that it really is "usual" this year. :shock:
You have the best location Fraise. 8)

Dilemma, it is an unusual year for us, booked way before Christmas for peak, even Sept is booked, for us its not 'business as usual'.

vrooje if you were going to discount Sept, would 15% way of your bottom line? Usually we receive bookings for May - early June earlier than now, I will hold off before I discount. 'him who must not be obeyed' :roll: is much stronger than I.

Helen
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

This year is proving slower than normal for us as well. We still have a few weeks in July and virtually all of May which is unusual. We have also received nothing for September - not even an enquiry. This time last year and we where virtually fully booked with the odd weeks to fill in June and September so it is defenitely slower.

Interestingly this year VRBO is bringing the most bookings followed by Abritel and Holiday-Rentals tailing. We also joined Homelidays at the end of last year which has produced absolutely nothing - that site has proven completely useless to us and I wonder if I can get my money back :evil:
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I'm with you on Homelidays, I wonder if it's cos our properties are a bit more expensive ? Don't know. I didn't get any enquiries from them- I only had a 2 month free trial with them but I wasn't tempted to pay for more :cry: