Payment difficulty

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Still no response, so the dates will be back as available by tomorrow if they don't either pay or let me know they will make a bank transfer
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

OK, final email sent. I have done everything to make the payment method easy for her, including bank transfer, and an offer to accept the balance 7 days before. She booked so quickly after I replied to her enquiry. Not sure what else I could have done really!! :cry:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

That's tough Helen - here's hoping they may yet get in touch - or better still, you have another inquiry that swiftly leads to a booking for those dates.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
mitsi

Post by mitsi »

Do you not accept euro cheques? In France it is illegal to write a cheque without sufficient funds, i.e a cheque is guarenteed in a different way to UK cheques that can bounce.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mitsi, the problem is with the payment on arrival, not the method of payment,also if she sends me a cheque, it will take me about two weeks plus to have the funds in my account, plus a lot of inconvenience.I stopped accepting cheques French or otherwise after two were lost in the post on the way to the bank last January. My friend who looks after the apartment is not there to accept payment on my behalf. If guests cannot accept our payment terms they should find somewhere else to stay.
mitsi

Post by mitsi »

Sorry misunderstood - unless you know the people or they are very late booking it can be a problem.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Looks like at least some of the dates may be taken by someone else anyway. :D
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi Helen,

Do you have a French bank account? If so, you probably already know that if you just send them a RIB with your booking forms, they can go into a bank and lodge cash directly to your account. Which would seem the simplest way of payment at this late stage.
Of course, if you don't have one...

Perhaps they got cold feet? I've just had that happen to me. She started dragging her heels after initial enthusiasm, then emailed a brief message to say she wasn't coming after all.

On the flip side, someone else whom I'd given up on e-mailed the same day to apologise for the delay, booked it there and then and paid by PayPal the next day. Swings and roundabouts.

I hope it works out. I know I always take it personally when people change their minds on a booking! Silly, I know, but that's how it is. (I'm still quite new to this - perhaps I'll be immunised later on!)

Elaine
Lounging on the lily pad...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I emailed her the details from my RIB, so it couldn't have been that,as she could have used those. I don't post anything, it is all done by email, I don't trust the Post Office anymore, after a set of house keys being sent to me for an apartment I was renting went missing. Anyway, she's missed her opportunity, the dates are back on sale, and I think most of them will be rebooked by tonight, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I now feel justified at releasing the dates again, as most of the days were taken by 2pm this afternoon. Only a few odd days left,
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Cool, Helen! :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be