Advice Needed From Newbie

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Tilerman

Advice Needed From Newbie

Post by Tilerman »

Hi all,

My name is Andrew i am thinking about puttting our Villa up for rental its 3 bed 2 bath with private pool on El Raso urbanisation near Guadamar approx 1.5Km from the sea.I have enjoyed reading alot of the subjects discussed on this site and have taken alot onboard although i would like more advice from yourselves.
Intially we purchased in December 2005 for our own & family use but circumstances have changed and we arent getting the use out of it as expected so we have decided to try and rent the property out for a term to see how practical and finacially rewarding this could be and also the set ups:

1) websites are these neccessary
2) where to advertise for the best
3) general advice

Cheers for replying all advice welcome,

Andrew
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hi, and welcome to Lay My Hat. A quick search around ont the forums will give you a lot of advice. Some quick answers from my point of view.
Websites, yes definitely worth it.

Advertising, you have to be seen to get customers, paid for ads get the best results (but there's no magic formula for which one to choose).

For best results, offer that bit extra, that other owners near you don't.

Oh, and always have plenty of towels . :D
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Welcome, Andrew!

I second what Helen said. Don't hesitate to make liberal use of the forum's search facility -- we often all have the same questions, so it's very possible that your question has already been discussed!

Cheers!
Brooke
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Andrew,
Youre very welcome.....

You are quite near to us as we are in Torrevieja nr the La Mata end...[Our houses I mean we live in England]There is someone else here who has an apartment in Guadamar as well.
We have friends in Guadamar and stayed theyre when house hunting its a lovely place the beaches etc[you must know this]
You do need to advertise....Websites are the best angle...We discuss quite a few of them on here...
You need to start ASAP as this is the busy enquiry/renting period.....
Please feel free to ask me anything you think I could help with I will be more than happy to help in anyway :wink: ...
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ros wrote: You do need to advertise....Websites are the best angle...We discuss quite a few of them on here....
I think Ros means rental listing sites here Andrew; I'm not sure, but in my part of France, a personal website also has helped to swing the balance in our favour when people find properties of interest on a listing site and draw up a selection of their favourites. Ros doesn't have a personal website but does very well, so she may be able to expand on this theme!

Welcome to the forum - renting your property has its hassles, but can be fun too, believe it or not!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks Gasc,

That is what I meant of course...I havent my own website your right...Would like one though
I do, do well with bookings but am on loads of websites so I think that must help...
As it is short notice and you need to get up and running pretty quickly Meiska has one that is free to join but you pay a commission on bookings....[If she doesnt get you bookings you wont pay]....
She set me one up very quickly and I think thats whats needed at the moment.
and I do send her some of my enquiries that I cant place as well [which shes had a couple of bookings from]
Just a thought......

of Course I wouldnt use this as your only website one of my favourites is Owners Direct...which is pretty reasonable.....
Tilerman

Post by Tilerman »

Thanks to all for replies,
I am looking through site very interesting ideas will definately be contacting relevant people

Cheers

Andrew
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Andrew and welcome to LMH!

In answer to your questions:

1) websites are these neccessary
A) Yes, your own website and also placing your property on rental listing sites.

2) where to advertise for the best...
a) Best thing is to do a 'search' on all the search engines putting phrases that relate to your holiday location/property accommodation and see which rental listing sites hits the top.

3) general advice

'Seek and you will find'! This forum has a vast amount of information that will help you out...if you can't find what you are looking for... ask, and you are sure to get the help that will point you in the right direction.

Happy renting!
:D
Maxd

Post by Maxd »

Hi

1) look on google for " city villas" "area villas"

Try and be a specific as possible. These searches will show you who are teh movers and shakers. The top listed ones will give you bookings. Our stats show that nearly 90% of people use google now.

Other stuff you can do is get and adwords account and advertise https://adwords.google.com/select/Login and yahoo advertising
http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/

The advantage here is that you are not going to pay a commission to the agent. 90% guaranteeed success if you follow the above formula.

Also it depends on what is searched for. If there are not enough searches you can also think in other languages. English is not everything and europe has 400 mil + people.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi Andrew,welcome :lol: I would definitely have your own website,both for pointing to from letting sites/word of mouth BUT also for Google et al to find you. We have lots of people find us by Googling.You will need to pay for holiday lettings listing sites in order for people to find you ( esp at first), Ther's lots of info on LMH, happy hunting :lol: