Weekend, Mid Week and Week Prices

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
centime

Weekend, Mid Week and Week Prices

Post by centime »

Can anyone help me with working out a formula for pricing for shorter periods than a week. I have seen various breakdowns, weekend - 2 nights, long weekend -3 nights, midweek 4 nights etc. What do others charge for a weekend in relation to the cost for the full 7 night stay and how much difference should there be in the price of a weekend night to a midweek night price. Valentine's day and Carnival are coming up both good for shorter stays or even special offers, need to some guidance as to what price structure WORKS! :?:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

hi Centime!

I'm sure others operating on this type of renting structure will offer you some good advice (we only rent out on a weekly bassis)...but if you want a holidaymaker point of view then I would expect to pay a premium for weekend days (Friday Saturday, Sunday) or any fiestas, as these I would assume are the most desired breaks. Mid week I would expect to a lot pay less...or maybe get 4 nights for the price of (the weekend) 3?

good luck with your bookings for Valentines! (wish I was being whisked away!? :( )

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
LaVilleauTady

Keep it simple!

Post by LaVilleauTady »

Hi Centime, we keep it simple and just divide the weekly rate by 7 and times by the number of nights. Given cleaning costs we don't bother for bookings of less than 4 nights.
Buckie

Charging for short term lets.

Post by Buckie »

Hi Centime, Here is a guide for calculating short breaks as used by many members of ASSC (Association of Scottish Self Caterers) Minimum stay is 2 days which is charged at 50% of weekly rate and 20% per day thereafter. Assuming ones weekly rate is £400, a 4 day break would be £200 plus
2 x £80 = £360. This initially seems a bit high but you must bear in mind that usually there is no housekeeping done by short term guests and serviceing the accommodation takes much longer. There is a general opinion that short lets are not always worth having. I hope that this may be of some help to you. Buckie.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I divide by seven then share out the extra cleaning cost between the dates, as we may have 2 changeovers in a week. We have a minimum of three nights. I am rethinking this though to take account of the empty nights we may have, although we have been lucky this winter, and have a 5 day break left in March, but nothing else.