May Half Term (UK) bookings, 2007

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Giddy Goat

May Half Term (UK) bookings, 2007

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi guys - I would be interested to know how many of you have received bookings yet for May Half Term hols, and to hear when your guests booked (roughly) - I am trying to drum up this aspect of the business! If you've had bookings in previous years for this school holiday, what is the booking pattern like? Do people think about a short break later, and organise their summer holidays first?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
gh

Post by gh »

In our experience for France, we have taken summer bookings early on the previous year, then we may take May/June bookings.

No idea why this happens Jane, perhaps they (stressed out parents) decide summer is first for a break then book, then come Jan Feb mum & dad decide that they cant last till August and have the where with all to book another break.... or they just decide we cant afford to go away on hols at peak prices they take the little pre-school ones away May/June.

When this 'cybo' family decide......... no clue. We react to whatever the customer wants......within reason :wink:

Helen
gh

Post by gh »

In our experience for France, we have taken summer bookings early on the previous year, then we may take May/June bookings.

No idea why this happens Jane, perhaps they (stressed out parents) decide summer is first for a break then book, then come Jan Feb mum & dad decide that they cant last till August and have the where with all to book another break.... or they just decide we cant afford to go away on hols at peak prices they take the little pre-school ones away May/June.

When this 'cybo' family decide......... no clue. We react to whatever the customer wants......within reason :wink:

Helen
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

For May 2006 we were fully booked from 1st-31st...however..for this year we got a 2 week booking from 19th May to 2nd June (booked in August 2006). So we've got the first 2.5 weeks of May still free (to date). I've lost track of UK half term dates...all I know is they happen sometime in February, May and October :?
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Jane

We are not very sucessful either. First year did not get May half term booked, last year got it booked through a third party and this year got it booked through a returning guest but on the basis that I am one of those that try to leave the calendar free to judge enquiry rates I would say this is a time when I definitely cannot guarantee a rental. :cry:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
brenda

Post by brenda »

May Bank Hol was our one early booking for 2007.

People who stayed with us last June contacted us again in October to book for the Half Term - 2 rooms too which is a bonus.

Other dates VERY quiet though and minimal interest.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

For me, the May bank holiday always gets booked up pretty early, for 2007 the week was booked in all 3 cottages August & Sept 2006. I don't think it is too late though - I'm still getting enquiries through from sites which do not have my availability on them.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

All half-terms have gone for us.

John
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

This year May school hols was booked last autumn but that is unusual. We normally get summer peak booked a year ( ish) ahead, then May/June, last of all Sept/ Oct bookings. Last year the May hol wasn't booked but the year before it was. Can't see a pattern there, maybe I need another year, or 10, for one to develop....ooops, sorry, just had to duck that flying pig :wink: :lol:

ps- no April bookings yet but a few enquiries. Just had one booking last April.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

That's odd I saw this thred and then got a booking for the May half term.
Cheers
PC
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Sounds as if you have me to thank for that booking then Paul! :wink:
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Karma or summat !! I just got a strong enquiry for a 2 week booking in April ( no discount), I'll let you know. Bit of a whammy as well as a goodie tho as they want central heating ( yes, that's fine ) AND the pool ( normally open May ). Doh, the things we do for reservations- or is that called customer care?????????? :wink:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Fingers crossed Frise!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thanks GG,

Can you have a chat amongst yourselves about June Please.
Cheers
PC
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

June... OK Paul - got one week left for June; how's it looking your end? Thread creep but what the hell, if it brings in a few bookings!