May Half Term (UK) bookings, 2007

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hmm, well, I've got the first 2 weks of JUNE free ( not that it's free, sort of a few hundred a week :wink: ). OK Paul ? Let me know when we're on to Sept as I've got all of that month available at the mo. :lol: :wink:
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

We have one week in September booked and 3 days in June booked, who knows whats going on last year June was the first to go.
Cheers
PC
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Actually we've still got 2 weeks beginning of June still free! So Paul... maybe changing the subject from half term bookings to June bookings will hopefully bring us some good luck! :wink: :wink:

Sending out 'good vibes' for filling out spare dates!!! :lol:
annemf

Post by annemf »

I am full from now until mid April but nothing from then until July. Last year May was full so hoping that will still come along.

Anne
www.fuertevillas.com
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Can we do June for a little longer? I only have 30 days left. :x

Glad to hear you’re all doing well though.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Coincidence or what!! As soon as I wrote the comment about June I looked at my e-mails and there was an enquiry for the June 2 weeks I had free- now booked !! Someone rang this morning wanting the same 2 weeks- you wait all day for a bus then 2 come along at once :wink: Now, how about September..and..October..November..December....it might work, you just :lol: never know !!
:wink:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Help me with a decision guys :lol:

I had one of my returners cancel on me for May half term due to work stuff. He didn't ask for the £100 deposit back but did ask about August. Now, I have 2 weeks left so said it would have to be Sat - Sat and I would of course take the £100 deposit I have off the price. I will refund the deposit if that week gets booked but did not say that up front. He hasn't come back but did mail me to say one of his work colleagues was interested in our apt and he mentioned 'there was only 2 of them and if it was last minute I might do them a deal ?'. I had no idea when this colleague wanted to book so didn't want to enter in to this idea and just said that I like to keep discounts for returning guests like himself, that underoccupancy didn't mean the cleaners charged less and gave him the link to my website.

I have just had an enquiry from this colleague (I can tell because of the e-mail address) for Sat 19th to 26th May, at the £425 charge, just before it goes up to £475 from half term through to end of June. My returner had booked from Thursday 24th through to Saturday 2nd June.

Do I refund the returners deposit because this booking kind of takes the place of 2 of his days. My instinct is no, because it does not include the half term week of Sat 26th May on. Do I give these people a discount, my instinct is no, as it is bloody cheap anyway. Does anyone disagree with me ??
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Partridge wrote:Do I refund the returners deposit because this booking kind of takes the place of 2 of his days. My instinct is no, because it does not include the half term week of Sat 26th May on. Do I give these people a discount, my instinct is no, as it is bloody cheap anyway. Does anyone disagree with me ??
Party, you've got such a fabulous apartment: honestly, I would go with your instinct on both counts.

For the new bookers: if they haven't mentioned a discount, don't mention it either ... maybe slip in a little treat like a promise of some wine to enjoy on arrival (before they can mention the 'd' word)?

For the returner: I would only refund his deposit if you can rebook his original week. If he does book 2 weeks in August I would count his deposit cheque against that booking, as you have said you will.

Fingers crossed, Party, hope it works out. As you say, they're already getting great value for money.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Party
I agree with your and Jennys instincts.... :wink:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Returning briefly to the original topic, the good news is that I have just received the deposit for May Half term! Our first success for this slot - I realise I hadn't pushed it quite hard enough last year and the year before. Because we can be more flexible then, they are staying 10 days - even better.

They asked for a discount. I'm afraid I was so pleased to have a booking for this period I was putty in her hands! 15%. :oops:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Gascony Goat wrote: They asked for a discount. I'm afraid I was so pleased to have a booking for this period I was putty in her hands! 15%. :oops:
Glass of champagne followed by two weeks at boot camp for you, then, GG :wink:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Woo hoo, well done Gasc :lol: Thanks RR and Ros for the confirmation I needed. :D
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol: They won't force me to wear the damn things will they Rocky? :?

Thanks Party! We posted at the same time.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

They won't force me to wear the damn things will they Rocky?
Yep all four of em :wink: :roll: :lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Aaaauuuggghhh! They'll seriously cramp my style! Can't you make an exception on my case? I'll toe the line, promise! 8)