lost booking

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
roxytoo

lost booking

Post by roxytoo »

I think I may have lost a booking! Someone wanted the 2-9th April but didn't want me to bank the cheque until 16th March (which means it won't clear until probably 21st) I send a very nice email to say my terms were that I would have to bank the cheque when I recieved it etc etc and hope he understood why.

He now says he's going to wait until late next week and email me to see if the dates are still free. What I suspect that means is he will look elsewhere in the meantime

Did I do the right thing? I may have cut my nose off to spite my face! Thing is it is over the easter weekend and my prices are the same (I don't increase them for easter or xmas hols) so I figure I MAY get another booking but somehow I doubt it!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Meishka, of course you haven't done anything wrong. A travel agent wouldn't have allowed you to defer your payment, nor would Tescos allow you not to pay for your shopping until next weekend.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

Hi Meishka

I suspect he won't have the funds until 16th March which is why he wants to hang on. You may well find he gets back to you when he knows that cheque won't bounce!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I did of course, mean his payment.
gh

Post by gh »

Hi Meiska, I would have done similiar, if he explained his situation more clearly i.e. no funds until 16th.

I probabily would let him do that and hold the dates; explaining that should I receive a definate booking in the mean time I will inform him of this and take it from there.

We took a booking early last August, they had just returned from holiday and wanted to book us for this summer, however, they would send the deposit when they got paid at the end of the month. We agreeded to this; if they could pay £100, (less than a quarter of the actual deposit required), to secure their dates. They did and the balance of deposit was sent on pay day. We have exchanged many happy e-mails since.

Helen
istrianholidays

Post by istrianholidays »

Meiska,

I agree with the others, it sounds more like he needs until 16th for the funds to be available. I hope if you contact him again next week, he will still be happy to stay at your property.

... I guess it might have been helpful if you had followed up his note with a "Great - looking forward to hearing from your next week. If in the meantime, I have any other interested guests, I'll let you know". This would give you an out if another "firmer" booking came through in the meantime (and he actually was backing out) but also kept him hooked in.

Anyway, I'm sure it will be fine - make sure you do e-mail him next week - and let us know whether he does come back or not!!

Rgds,

Jen.
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Hi Meishka,

I also thing you did the right thing, and even if they don’t get back to you next week, I don’t expect you to have any problems renting for the Easter week.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

an update folks..........

Sent an email to say I had a change of heart and if he sent the contract back with the cheque I would hold it until 16th March

He replied saying thanks very much, he would get his partner to send it as he was offshore

In the mean time I have had other enquires for his dates so I emailed him to ask if his partner had sent the contract as I have other enquiries

He replied he would find out (2 days ago)

Emailed him again today to ask again and he has just replied saying she hasn't sent it as they don't have their flights booked so he will contact me later for other dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was never really going to get the booking! I still haven't rented it but at least I feel I hadn't lost his as I never really had it in the first place!
But dosn't it make you mad!

On another note after watching Eastenders tonight (this is for Ros) I am loosing the will to live..............
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

meishka wrote:an update folks..........

So I was never really going to get the booking! I still haven't rented it but at least I feel I hadn't lost his as I never really had it in the first place!
One of the things that I have discovered in life is that if somethng doesn't seem right, it's usually wrong. Not wanting to pay on the due date was a warning and I think that you did well to smoke out this timewaster as quickly as you did. If it's any consolation, he would probably have been a problem guest too!

John
enid

Post by enid »

Code: Select all

Yes :evil: 

Glad you know now at least.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Meiska...

Johns right He would have been a pain in the......

At least you did flush him out and its a reminder early in the season...as to what we all have to watch out for...

re Eastenders wasnt it sooooo b o r i n g :( ..and extended for an hour[WHY :!: ]

Luckily I spotted it early on when some chap was doing a quasimodo impression on the shingle... and I busied myself on the forum...
When I got back Hubby[who had woken by that time ]said someone chased a bus on a bike and there was a bus crash and everybody died[sadly not everybody in the cast]
Just lately has everything gone absolutely cr**
I mean soaps were always rubbish but it was sort of 'background you havent got to think rubbish 'but now there just such a load of squit...even the adverts now you need a set of instructions to understand :evil: