Still on "builders water" one year on

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Donna P

Still on "builders water" one year on

Post by Donna P »

Hi Chums I'm sure one of you brainboxes can help me with this. I have had my apartment for 12 months now the complex is completely finished and I have registered with the local water company and they have my bank details for direct debits to start, but, I am still on builders water . Is this usual? Is the transition smooth or am I going to get an irate guest ringing in the middle of the night!
Advice please..

Thanks
Donna
www.holidaylettings/17073
"Stop the world I want to get off"
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Maria and Crystal are the experts on this type of thing I think Donna.

I think the process is that you can only get mainline water once a certificate of habitation is granted by the Ayuntamiento (town hall)...ie.when its proved the building is fit for living in and has all the relevent documents in order. Until then it stays on 'obras' (works) connection.
These days contractors do allow people to move in earlier.
(But - just as a point for others perhaps thinking of buying in Spain - no final payment should be made until the certificate is granted, proving everything is in order.)

However I do know its common to allow people to move in before this (my mum did on the complex she bought on). Once the certificate is granted, from memory your contract with the water company will be actioned and they will then connect you. There is a connection fee which on Ibiza is huge! About €600+, but that may not be the case where you are ( can still remember being in shock when we paid it years ago when having the apartment connected)

I would think that your 'obras' water supply won't be switched off until you all have your own meters & supply.
The same should happen with your electric if you are on obras with that (tho' that is a slightly more confusing procedure - well it is here :lol: )

As you've already set up your contract and DD I would think everything should be ok, my mum didn't experience any problems with hers

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Donna P

still on builders waters

Post by Donna P »

Thanks Mouse. I had the cert of Habitation before I went to the notary last March , so that is all in place. My lawyer saw to that. Thats why Its so odd that we are still on builders water, the leccy was sorted out last Spring.
Donna
"Stop the world I want to get off"
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Donna...

I sort of understand your worry but lets look on the bright side...NO WATER BILLS...we were on builders water for about 6 months but as Mousie says youve got everything set up so dont worry...
Are other people on your complex in the same boat maybe you could get them to contact you if theres any developments...
Tilerman

builders water

Post by Tilerman »

Have had our villa for 18 moths and we are still on builders water and as yet still not got habitation certificate as other house have had alterations done like mine and the council wont issue the certificates till we pay the fines. Like Ros says why worry the builder is picking up the water bill so gets a little bit back that he charged us
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Tilerman....How are you getting on...I remember your post on Newbie....
Guadamar is lovely.....

Ive pmed you about the Long Let Ros
Tilerman

Post by Tilerman »

Going over on 16/03 for a week to sort a few things out as i was telling you, thanks for that long let promt have emailed her with details will contact you to let you know how i got on, would rather have had a few weeks than long let but youve got to start somewhere and it will pull some cash in off the villa.
The villa is on the El Raso urb just off N332 in between Guadamar and Quesada 10 minute drive to torre its lovely here and we are 500 metres from the salt lake national park, there are a few restaurants open chinese,indian,3 pubs,fish and chip shop havent been since before christmas so am expecting a few others to have opened by now like i said will stay in contact and let you know how things progress

Cheers

Andrew :D