Finished

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

business opportunity for somebody, maybe?
Mais certainment mon amie :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
enid

Post by enid »

Getting better too :) The conditions on the Rates page is still small and I have big text showing on my screen so it must be very small!!
enid

Post by enid »

Getting better too :) The conditions on the Rates page is still small and I have big text showing on my screen so it must be very small!! Re ATF etc - it all so depends on people's screen settings. I have a large screen and I choose large text so it isn't ATF for me but Idon't mind scrolling. It's hard to design for everyone's browser and resoulution.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

enid wrote:Re ATF etc - it all so depends on people's screen settings. I have a large screen and I choose large text so it isn't ATF for me but Idon't mind scrolling. It's hard to design for everyone's browser and resoulution.
Hi Enid, how true this is. When I was writing the HTML, I kept flicking between my page of code and my browser - AOL - to see the results, which looked ok. When I then viewed it in IE, low and behold, there were lots of 'bits' which didn't look so good any more...that sent me dashing back to my code for changes, as I suppose a lot of people will view the site with IE. As I mentioned earlier, no idea what it looks like through Firefox or anything else...

...I just noticed you refer to the conditions on the rates page, which I didn't actually adjust, only the rates themselves..back to the code, methinks!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Jenny Penny...

I know theyre are quite a few here that use Firefox...Im sure theyll give you the once over :wink: .....
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Ros wrote:I know theyre are quite a few here that use Firefox...Im sure theyll give you the once over :wink: .....
Hi Ros, yes: it'll be interesting (gulp!) to read what they say! (Says Rabbit, poised over her code....)
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Rocket Rab wrote:
using HTML to set up a website is like trying to grill a sausage over a match..
Cor Jenny, respect!! With several 'rs'. Not for you the easy route but back to the basic building blocks. Which is terrific because I suspect you've learned things along the way which will be invaluable for future forays onto the web.

I've recently built a site (for a non-rental purpose) using 'Squarespace' software. Which was fine and I'm pleased with the results but there is a technical glitch on one part of the site that - try as I may - I can't resolve. Got to go back to the helpline with tail between my legs for the solution. For the techies (and RR) on this list, I suspect the answer would have been imbibed with their mother's milk.

Many things that were once difficult have become much easier. But, I think you can only get so far without having some knowledge of how the thing actually works.

Epictetus wrote:
It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.
Jim
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

See...know thats where youve gone & done it. :roll: :( ..

Us non techy in the leasty people...got all excited about actually... maybe... sortof... possibly....maybe[Oh no Ive done that :( ]
I will say it quickly havingmyownwebsite[wish i knew how to do the little letter bit :roll: ]

And theres yours all bright and lovely and everything...and its all sooooo perfect.... :wink:

and know your telling me that other people might not be able to see it :shock: ...and even worse..... you might have to fiddle about and alter stuff :shock: :shock: ....
Oh...No :!: ...see than it would disappear :roll: ...somewhere...
I know it would :( .......[trust me ive lost lots of things over the years :oops: ]
...so Im back now to the safe....not going to do it mode :wink:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Jenny,
Well done you! I've been looking in Firefox and every page looks fine to me - except that the font for the conditions is quite small as Enid has pointed out. The only other thing for me is that the menu navigation is not uniform on each page - for example on the homepage you don't show availability and rates and from the availability page rates are not available etc.
The photos on your site are lovely, your houses look very inviting. And as you are a translator, I guess the French and German version of the website will be pretty easy for you to do too!
Ju

Post by Ju »

Rocket Rab wrote:
Thanks Enid and Ju. I have used a larger font on the Rates page and spaced the table out a bit more. I have also used a (slightly) larger font on certain written sections.

[
Much better - I can read it now.

I'm on Firefox and it looks fine.

Ju
debk

Post by debk »

Wow. Efficient Little Bunny!

Here's the "email address protection" thread. I believe I used the generated code referenced by Paolo (on 17 June 2004, I think?)

viewtopic.php?t=199&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Also, don't forget to change your profile so that the "www" button goes to your beautiful new site. :)
debk
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Congratulations RR, what a fantastic effort! I know what it is to lose sleep because of this, I have been having blog nightmares for the last week. :shock:

I wrote my comments before reading everyone else’s reviews, so there are some duplicates. But since I spent the time writing them I’m sending them anyway. :D

I like the colors, they add to the sea side atmosphere. The presentation is good too. One thing I’ve noticed is the square pics on home page. They don’t look as sharp as the landscaped ones. Resizing gone mad? I belive the browsers don’t do a good job of resizing pictures. I recommend saving the pics on the size that you want them to show on the page. If you are already doing that, maybe the picture editing software didn’t do a good job.

You may want to have a link back to the home page from all other pages and keep the navigation bar consistent.

Good work!

BTW: It looks good on FF.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Looking good well done :!:
Cheers
PC
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

so Im back now to the safe....not going to do it mode
Yes, but remember Ros, you're bookings are such that you probably don't need one anyway :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I will let you into a secret Party :oops: ...
[after posting this i did try one of these easy peasy websites everyones on about....had a few mins to spare....
got to page 2[got there 3 times] and confused my computer sooo much it didnt recognize anything and went off sulking......

So Im going back into pretending I dont want one again :roll:...[our secret ok...got my image to think of :oops: :wink: :( ]