Can anyone recommend phone-unlocking software?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Mountain Goat

Can anyone recommend phone-unlocking software?

Post by Mountain Goat »

We need to unlock some mobile phones, to use local simcards.

There's a stack of dodgy looking software on eBay, from 99p - £10, but the guy I used to use, @ £5 a shot, has vanished, as these guys tend to do.

Some software appears to generate an unlocking code matched to the MEI (?) number, and some needs a USB/Serial link.

Anyone got any advice? I'm looking for Siemens and Sony-Ericsson, and I assume the model nos. are important.

MG
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

I don't know if this might help MG

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/unlock-codes.htm
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Alifrank, many thanks, that looks a good one. Our phones are holding out, though. They don't have a cable for the Sony-E and our Siemens models, the A65, looks impossible from any source. Looks as though Swiss Orange have sewn them up.

Illogical thread creep
BTW, do you find IOwners useful? It looks a good deal, but so far, any property listed with them that I've checked, including yours, is invisible on Google. I asked them about this last year, and they replied 'early days' and they were working on SEO. Would be interested to hear your experience.

MG
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

Mountain Goat wrote:Illogical thread creep
BTW, do you find IOwners useful? It looks a good deal, but so far, any property listed with them that I've checked, including yours, is invisible on Google. I asked them about this last year, and they replied 'early days' and they were working on SEO. Would be interested to hear your experience.

MG
Hi MG
I'm not sure if iowners is really any good or not :oops: It was the very first website I used before paid-for adverts. I think it's a nice website and people have come through to me from that, but I also advertise with Owners Direct and have a link from them to iowners. I suspect a few of my bookings came via the link from Owners Direct. I do use the iowners website as a signature on my ordinary emails, as I think it's the best site I've got :?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Alifrank, thanks for that. I just felt it was a bit of a waste of time if an Iowners site doesn't show up on Google etc. i.e. even taking a unique phrase out of the site and plugging it into a search engine.

But if you've got some bookings out of it, then go for it.

MG