where have all the enquiries gone ??

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
pendle

where have all the enquiries gone ??

Post by pendle »

Tell me its not just us.We were really busy with enquiries a month ago and now we have only had one in the past week. Still I shouldn't moan it was our second one from Chez Nous in 4 months!! At least I know I'm still showing on their small web site. How is everyone else doing now
Pendle
In cold,damp Brittany
mon269

Post by mon269 »

We are getting lots of enquiries for Easter, a few almost every day. It has been booked for a while and marked as such in our calendar. It’s costing us a fortune on mobile phone bills. :evil:

On the other hand, we have had 2 enquiries for August the last couple of weeks and both look very promising. (fingers crossed)
enid

Post by enid »

Enquiries have picked up a little this last week but not converted yet. Still a bit slow - so it's not just you :(
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Very slow for us...could be because our peak weeks are already booked, however we still have availability in April, May and June (which I thought would have been taken by now!) :cry:
gh

Post by gh »

The enquiries are out there, if you offer what they want. Its just getting the specific enquiries.

Two enquiries for May this week, all fine until the pool wasn't heated.

Will way up the costs of heating the pool for May and Sept; (we don't rent outwith; unless family & good friends) who we do a deal with; utilities plus cleaning + gardening, log cutting etc :P

A no brainer regarding pool heating; less income v additional costs.

Helen
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Two enquiries for May this week, all fine until the pool wasn't heated.
I've rented in May and September (even into October) and never been questioned on the pool being heated (even tho' I wouldn't set foot in it until June!).
Here is doesn't seem to be an issue (thank god)...wonder if its a different market, different expectations type of thing?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
gh

Post by gh »

Could be Mouse, both enquirers had small children (under 1 yr). Like you water temp has to be above 24 before I get my bikini wet :wink:

Usually for us the water temp is good from June through till early Sept, we are looking at the possibility of building a separate toddlers pool......will heat up much quicker than our 76,000ltr pool.

Helen
Stu

Post by Stu »

We're still getting enquiries here, had two today but for peak weeks already booked long ago! I've one outstanding for the last week of aug into the 2nd week of sept, so am going to 'hassle' them in a bit!
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Nothing to add really except :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I've had a couple of scams(!) and a probable for New Year. Wish I'd put up the prices for New Year now, as they'll probably use so much electricity on heating the place that there won't be any profit!

Live and learn,

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Pauliner wrote:they'll probably use so much electricity on heating the place that there won't be any profit!
Pauline, if they haven't confirmed yet, is it too late to let them know that their booking includes X amount of electricity, and that they will be charged for anything they use above that? That's what we do in the winter months...
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Normandy cow says:
is it too late to let them know that their booking includes X amount of electricity, and that they will be charged for anything they use above that? T
Well, I do have a clause in the rental contract that says that the rental includes 'normal usage' of electricity, so I'm hoping that that might cover it.

No, they haven't confirmed yet, so I think that what I'll do if and when they come back to me, is draw their attention to that clause and say something - I don't know what yet but I'll try and get round it.
Thanks anyway,

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

This is my secod year of renting - the time last year I wasn't open.

This year I've taken bookings in Jan/Feb which I wouldn't have got last year. It has gone quiet on the enquiries front, but last year I took the majority of my bookings in May/June.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
enid

Post by enid »

It has gone quiet on the enquiries front, but last year I took the majority of my bookings in May/June.
Thanks for that positive point - you're right - it is only March!
linda147

Post by linda147 »

Pauliner/Partridge

Our enquiries have really dried up and according to our agent out on the Costa de la Luz, everyone is finding things slow. So it is not just your end of the Costa - lets hope people are booking late. We have August totally booked but so far not even an enquiry for May half term!