where have all the enquiries gone ??

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
enid

Post by enid »

We had a July cancellation and have rebooked at full price, so therefore the client gets the full deposit back (once we have the new deposit in hand). Do others work on the same basis?
That's just what we do - actually this year is the first that I've had a cancellation and not rebooked - there's time yet as they are 2 different weeks in August - I'm keeping he deposit until I do rebook.
anmar1

Hello...

Post by anmar1 »

I am back, so a Ciao to all of you, the ones who know me, and the ones who don't.
Bookings are still slow but we are working with weeks ends, another big life saver has been the Harley Davidson chapter meeting, the booked the whole Chianti for three days, I was very hectic and also great fun.
let me hear from the ones I know.

Maybe we should have a owner chapter too.Every year in a different place.

Ciao to all

Anna
Anna
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Just a quick aside to this thread - but perhaps still relevant; its been reported in the business news that easyjet have had reduced load capacity this year compared with last (like on like).
Its interesting for me because all my clients arrive via budget airlines and all from the south via easyjet.
Perhaps it is proving to be a tough year?

mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mousie Perhaps so..

I do think the budget airlines have a large influence on bookings..

We are lucky as we have 2 airports close by and the flts are usually very reasonable[apart from peak times of course]

We had a week become free and as luck would have it Ryanair did one of those 1p flt things a couple of days ago and my daughters are flitting of at the beginning of June to ours and its £37 return[for each not all :lol: ]

Its a bit of a laugh really :lol: ....cos if I have dates free...I look at the flts and if theyre reasonable say to them doya fancy flitting over[that is I cant of course...they usually say yes...quickly followed by please of course... :wink:

So I book the flts for them and theyre partners...dont worry I will pay[its not a lot anyway as you can see]

Of course they get the house for nothing..
then as its last minute..and of course they werent expecting it I usually rustle up a bit of spending money[as you do :roll: ]they protest a little..but not too much :wink:

But I still get a Buzz over the fact theyre getting a holiday[especially one they hadnt expected].....

I will quickly add that theyre both Great Gals and really work hard[youngest has 4 jobs at the mo..I full time]..
Theyve allways worked and dont expect these sort of handouts..
which is why I enjoy handing it out..

If they sat on their arxxxs..and expected to be helped theyd have No Hope... :wink:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

How wonderful is that for them? I know we all go on about renting out to get the income in but we also need to get a chance to use and appreciate what we have...and budget airlines give you that opportunity.

I noticed Ryanair was flying into Alicante now...also Globespan (flying from scotland) have added it to their list of places from Aberdeen....Alicante must be the most accessible airport from the UK! Its mind boggling to see the amount of carriers going into the airport from the UK...so it must be profitable for them. There's a tremendous amount of people visiting that area independently now.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Yep Mousie,...thats the flt theyre on...

The world and his wife go into There :roll: which is great :wink:

Take Care..thanks Rosxx
cromercrabholiday

Re: Hello...

Post by cromercrabholiday »

anmar1 wrote:another big life saver has been the Harley Davidson chapter meeting, the booked the whole Chianti for three days, I was very hectic and also great fun.

Anna
Bikers meetings used to have the reputation of high levels of alcohol, sex and violence. Have they just got older?

John (who rides a bike)
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

It's the word 'chapter' that raises my eyebrows. That's the word usually associated with Hell's Angels.

I'd make them have a bath first thing they do!

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
anmar1

Re: Hello...

Post by anmar1 »

cromercrabholiday wrote:
anmar1 wrote:another big life saver has been the Harley Davidson chapter meeting, the booked the whole Chianti for three days, I was very hectic and also great fun.

Anna
Bikers meetings used to have the reputation of high levels of alcohol, sex and violence. Have they just got older?

John (who rides a bike)
Hi John,
It 's hard to believe but they left all the units in a Superb condition, they behaved properly and in the whole they were fantastic. I hope they swill come back.
anna
Anna