Help for a newbie

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Hi Amanda,

and welcome to the Fluffy & Wossy Show on Old Time ITV!

Seriously, we're around half an hour or so south of you closer to Saumur. Drop us a line and we'll gladly add you to the list of people we do trade bookings with. We've stopped offering B&B now, but still get enquiries, so we'd be happy to pass any would-be B&B'ers your way!

Website looks promising. One way to get ranked higher is to get your domain name splattered as far and as wide as you possibly can. Think carefully about the keywords you choose when submitting your search engine info. Look at joining any or all of the free listings. They all have 'spiders' crawling all over them which again will help with your rankings.

We may pop up for a curry....

Bon Chance! :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

and welcome to the Fluffy & Wossy Show on Old Time ITV!
Dont know about Fluffs but Im that old..... Im in Black and white[makes it simple when deciding what to wear in the mornings...

shall I put on black & White or White & Black :roll: ...

Mind you Ive got a face for Radio :wink: :lol:

Thanks Fluffs :wink: I will take that as a compliment :wink:

Hi Amanda sorry its gone a bit offtopicy somehow that happens around me :roll: ....

Normal Service will be resumed as soon as possible...Do Not adjust you set......... :lol:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ros,
Thanks Fluffs I will take that as a compliment
Sorry, I should have said "the good old days" and they were.

Fluffy
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Hi Amanda

Ref you concern about being late for listing your chamber d hote.I personally would not worry to much as we have found in the past most of our B&B booking come 2 month up to 24 hours before the arrival date. Advising which site to list on is not easy and it is a case of trial and error. Homelidays did have an offer for 12 months free with link or 8 months without. In previous years we have found visitfrance to be good, but so far this year have only received 2 bookings from them and when you search the views this year it seems to be mainly the usa that are hitting the site .
Its also worth talking to your local tourist office some will not take your details unless your have been graded but others do so its worth having a chat with them.
Ref the other B&B in the area think it’s a good thing if you do introduce yourself but feel it might be better to do it face to face and exchange details etc. So far this year we have had 2 booking from other B&B referrals

Best of luck
Nessie
aduggan

Post by aduggan »

Thanks for all the advice. This site is really great. Stu and Syb, you are very welcome to come up for a curry, in fact it would be lovely to meet you and pick your brains in fact. Any advice you can give would be great in return for a curry feast. Bribary gets you everywhere!!!