Do you ask wether they have booked elsewhere

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
mario

Do you ask wether they have booked elsewhere

Post by mario »

If you get questions fired at you from a potential client and it looks like there going to book and then you hear nothing do you get back to them to ask did they book elsewere and the reason why or do you just leave it.

By the way got my very 1st 2 bookings a week ago ,1 week and a 2 week booking peak and near peak time.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Congratulations on your first booking Mario! In answer to your question, NO.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Well done :lol: and like Susan, no, although from conversations they sometimes tell you or you can work it out.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

And its a No from me as well...so a hatrick :wink: :lol:
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

No, from our end.
Cheers
PC
Stu

Post by Stu »

If I've worked hard to make the sale and they then tell me they've gone elsewhere, I can't help but ask why? I'd like to know if it's a particular 'fault' of ours so that we can alter/change things so that it doesn't happen again. Then perhaps next time we can make the booking rather than it going elsewhere. I'm not so complacent that I don't think we can't improve, and that it isn't our fault that we didn't make the booking. (That's NOT a criticism of anyone who's replied by the way, just a personal statement).

Congrats on your first bookings, I hope that 'buzz' stays with you always, it's a great feeling!
Fil

Post by Fil »

Specially at the beginning when you are still developing your offer,sometimes you get helpful information on how to improve your from people who have chosen other places. If the communication was fair and they were clearly hesitating I think it is a good thing to try to know what you coul have done better. A better way of finding out is to ask people who are leaving and liked the place what improvements they can suggest. Is has been very helpful for me.
Best of luck Mario.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Congratulations Mario. I agree with Fil. When you're just starting out, it's easy think it's your fault they haven't booked, when in fact it's probably something going on in their lives which is completely unrelated. So it's very helpful to ask the reason and to be told that it wasn't anything to do with you. After a while, you'll have more confidence and will probably stop asking, but if you feel the need to ask, I don't see anything wrong with it, in fact quite sensible when starting out in case you missed any wrinkles that need ironing out. One opinion may not mean much, but if 3 people tell you the same thing, then you know an improvement needs to be made.

My 2 cents.
Waves from America
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I sometimes contact them again to say I've had another enquiry for the week they asked about and could they let me know if they're still interested...occasionally they reply and let me know whats happened - 90% of the time its because the size of their party has changed, or the date has now altered and I'm booked on the ones they're now travelling on.

At other times I KNOW what the reason is from the questions being asked! :roll:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

If I get an 'enthusiastic' enquiry to which I have replied answering all the questions and then I hear nothing say 4-5 days after, I normally send a 'courtesy' email enquiring whether they still wish to book or whether they have found alternative accommodation.

In the majority of cases (similar to Mouse's experience), the reasons I get back for not booking are because the numbers in the party have changed or not everyone can get the same period of holiday together.
It's nice to know that they have not booked because there was something 'wrong' with your property (not that I've ever had a reply saying that! :D ).