what about July?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
annabo

what about July?

Post by annabo »

We are also new to this, and are lucky enough to have all of August booked, but no bookings for July so far? Do you think there is still time to sell July this year?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

hi Annabo, and welcome!

...without knowing where your place (and type of market) its diffcult to offer advice.

Provide more info and perhaps people can offer their advice

mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
annabo

Post by annabo »

Sorry - you're right. Should have included my website address.

www.sanroqueapartment.com
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Thanks...being in the Costa de Sol area I'm sure that you'll still book up in July.
I'm sure Crystal will probably give more pertinent advice as she's in that area and has got a better understanding of the market place.

It does seem as if this year bookings are slower....how are your enquiries? If you're getting alot of those but not converting then I would have a look at what the reason might be, but if your enquiries are slow then it may be a general slowdown in your particular market (whichever that might be?)

Mouse
x
Last edited by Mouse on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Anna and welcome to LMH!

Bookings for 2007 don't seem to following the trends of last year for us! Maybe people are booking last minute holidays rather than planning in advance. It could also be that people are gearing up for the Easter holiday period, so hopefully after that you may get the enquiries flowing in for your Summer availability.

(By the way, your propertly looks lovely!)
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Hi Anna, What a seriously gorgeous apartment!

I have an apartment on the Costa del Sol which is nothing like yours and our market will be quite different, but I tend to find that school holiday periods are more difficult to let than other times. I think this is because our market is generally couples and unless couples need to travel during school holidays, they tend to choose to travel when flights are cheaper and it's not so hot.
Your apartment is much more spacious however and will appeal to family groups more than ours, so I probably haven't been very helpful at all. I'm sure your July bookings will soon come in.
We have just had our first booking from Spanish people which is great as they tend to holiday during August and hopefully "word of mouth" will get us some more next year.
Last edited by Bellywobble on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Welcome Annabo.

Take a look at this thread - it might be good that you still have availability for July, as this will still give you the opportunity to put your prices UP nearer the time! :D

viewtopic.php?t=3939&start=30
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Have a look at the other threads in the section and you will see you’re not the only one with slow bookings. :?
rebel

Post by rebel »

do you think people are slow in booking their hols,as the flights were out really early this year,so now for the summer monthsare quiet expensive :?:
cc

Post by cc »

we are in our second year and bookings are up on last year but I put that down to getting our name out there more.
I have been speaking to locals, all agree that the number of tourists is very much down on previous years and it is reflected in the drop in bookings for people who have been around longer than us.
One thing I have seen this year compared to last is a lot more last minute bookings and "newbies" in the independent traveller market. Half of the people we had during Easter were previous package holiday tourists who took the plunge and used the internet for car, flights and accommodation.
You don't have to write something on every thread, do you?