Wasted opportunity!

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All...

If you are interested in Properties from owners on here ..
YHM must be a good idea to start with as I think they are all forumers[and looking at the website the places look great]and of course they are 'owners who care' which is a good place to start...

Im not saying that the other forumers who post dont have great props They do......It might just be a starting place[and as Im not one of them I can be unbiased in suggesting them....]as they are all together in one site....
I put my details on my sig as do a lot of other posters[some use the www. link as well] if there are some posters that would rather not of course its up to them but if people are looking as Bellywobble is and maybe plenty of others]as the title says its a missed opportunity for them....
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I've no problem at all with lurkers. In fact there's so much info on here it's hard not to lurk. I was just wondering why they take the trouble to register, to lurk. :? Or do you need to do so?

Tuzi, Please don't feel guilty. I never intended that at all. Lurk away as much as you want. Though it's nice to see you post.
I just love to know why people do the things they do :oops:

Now if they registered so they could put their details, I could understand it. I'd much prefer to rent from someone who comes on here.

I did take a look at YHM but sadly not a lot where I'm looking, and within my meagre budget :(

Debk,Unfortunately there's no story to go with the name. Sadly it's more descriptive than anything :cry:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Belly wobble.. :wink:[Like your sense of humour :wink: :lol: ]

Have you an idea where youd like to go possibly people might then pop up ....alternatively your price range.....or both :roll:
fibi

Post by fibi »

The only problem I have with this site is that I now have a huge list of places that I want to go through just clicking on for a peep at websites - some beautiful properties were lurking just asking to be booked....We're all booked this year but not for next so who knows where we will go.

Speaking of holidays has anyone ever thought about a "busmans" holiday - i.e look after my properties for 2 weeks, stay in my house and I'll do the same for you? Last year we went to Singapore for 3 weeks and had almost daily telephone calls from guests wanting to know how to operate the remote control or where the bins were - and that was at 4am in the morning--arghhh. This arrangement would force me to give my house a well needed spring clean too - I should just about manage it for 2008!
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hello all,

I just started an 'Invitation to Lurkers' thread in the cafe....so come on in, whoever you are! :D
gh

Post by gh »

Hi Tuzi,
Good to see you post, glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sure your hard work will pay off with bookings.
Helen
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Hi Ros. We're hoping to go to Florida near Disney for a couple of weeks at the beginning of July, (kids choice) but I want to do it as cheaply as possible as I'm saving up to go back to Thailand.(my choice).

I'm on a home exchange site but it's amazing the number of people who don't bother to reply to you! So far I have about 7 no replies, 3 "No thanks haven't thought about next year yet" and and one "I'll think about it".

Anyone fancy Fibi's busman's holiday idea? :)
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Yes I do! For 2008!
debk

Post by debk »

Debk,Unfortunately there's no story to go with the name. Sadly it's more descriptive than anything
:D :D :D

Perhaps I should change my name to Gravity'sRevenge... :shock:
debk of threadcreep, guilty as charged
fibi

Post by fibi »

My thoughts were kinda along the lines of the house exchange holidays with the added bonus of looking after each others holiday homes and guests/pets etc...If anyone is still interested for 2008 read on
what we can offer :D
- grade1 listed 16 room house
- 5 acres of secluded walled/fenced gardens
- 6 chickens
- 3 cats
- 30 mins Edinburgh and Glasgow 15 minutes Stirling
- Antonine Wall in garden (world heritage site by 2008)
- 2 2 bedded cottages to look after possibily 4 by then
- heated swimming pool, hot tub, sauna

negatives :(
- 16 room house to look after
- 2 acres maybe of grass to cut
- weeds galore
- swimming pool etc to look after

We do have a cleaner to help but not a gardener!
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
gpck

Post by gpck »

Bellywobble wrote:Hi Ros. We're hoping to go to Florida near Disney for a couple of weeks at the beginning of July, (kids choice) but I want to do it as cheaply as possible as I'm saving up to go back to Thailand.(my choice).
Well..... 8) If I dare mention the 'D' word, we are quite prepared to offer a discount to LMHers... :wink:
gpck
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

BW said
Thinking about next year's holiday, so thought it would be a good idea to look through the memberlist to see who has property where I want to go.
Holiday :? ...what's that! :? (Haven't had one since I started 'holiday renting'! :lol:
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Well..... 8) If I dare mention the 'D' word, we are quite prepared to offer a discount to LMHers... :wink:[/quote]

Might be taking you up on that if my freebie home exchanges come to nothing :)
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Bellywobble wrote:

Code: Select all

I'm amazed at the number of people who have signed up, but not put their location or a link to their property!
Anon wrote:
Warning: the internet may contain traces of nuts.
It's easy to think, when you post on LMH, that you're just talking to a bunch of helpful friends. However, this is an open forum, anybody can drop in and see what you've written and learn quite a lot about you. Depending on your circumstances, it may be wise to obscure certain details about yourself or your location.

I decided not to post a link to my property when I joined LMH. Fortunately, the kindly regular guys here didn't take offense and I've been able to join in with the discussions and receive help when I've needed it.

Jim
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Ah, right! Didn't think of that :oops: