vast.com

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
roxytoo

vast.com

Post by roxytoo »

Does anyone know anything about the above??

I have just looked at my stats and then this page

vast.com/vacation_rentals/destination-AZ---Other/location-San-Luis--AZ/range-city/page-2

they have lifted all my rentals and appear to have put them on there!!! and they are all wrong!! bloody cheek

and on this site too!!

rentalio.com/index.php?view=place&place=San%2BLuis%252C%2BAZ&region=USA+-+Southwest&destination=Phoenix%2BArea%252C%2BAZ
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Oooh, I'm there too! They've used the pic of my fireplace instead of the outside shot but all seems to be okay from there, all info correct Seems to be like a search engine of all rental sites?
mon269

Post by mon269 »

You’re lucky Sue, they’ve placed my house in Nicaragua. They seem to be feeding the content from other sites. :evil:

Every listing has a link that reads “Report incorrect result�. I clicked on it expecting a form asking what is wrong. Instead, it just says “Thank you�. :shock:
alifrank1

Re: vast.com

Post by alifrank1 »

meishka wrote:they have lifted all my rentals and appear to have put them on there!!! and they are all wrong!! bloody cheek
I've just had a quick look and they've listed my neighbour's apartment which is identical to mine as a 2 bed, 2 bath villa. It's a one bed, one bath apartment!! :?
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Mine's there too! All lifted from HomeAway - isn't that part of Holiday Rentals? It's certainly the same property number! So we've all been sold on............ :evil:

But is that such a bad thing? Well it is if they get the details wrong but if they correct those then I can see no harm to be more widely advertised?

Kathy
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Oh my God - I'm there too at $64 per night for my 2 bed apartment! By the look of things, they have lifted it from Owners Direct.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Because they've taken nearly all of mine they are all widely wrong, wrong photos, wrong property in the wrong place, inaccurate descriptions
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I haven’t looked so I don’t know if I am there or not.

A question. What would you say if they produce enquiries when your regular Listing Sites are not? OK I’m only joking but, what if?

Fluffy
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I don't know yet Alan, am just annoyed at the mo because they have lifted absolutly everything without asking and its all wrong!!

Yes if it gives my site a boost in hits etc and enquires for my owners great but how do I put all the listings correct etc? I can't unless I email them. I just don't think it should be allowed without ASKING and then they should get it right...............
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Alan wrote:What would you say if they produce enquiries when your regular Listing Sites are not?
Nothing :!: Although my guests would be disappointed that they’re going to Spain rather than Nicaragua. :lol:
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

What would you say if they produce enquiries when your regular Listing Sites are not?
I must admit I have paused - not really sure what to do!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

meishka wrote:I just don't think it should be allowed without ASKING
Your absolutely right. I was asking "tongue in cheek".

Fluffy
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I think we should calm down a little. This is NOT yet another listing site. As Sue pointed out above, its a search engine that searches your adverts on bona fide listing sites. When a visitor clicks thru on VAST, it takes you to the originating listing site.

Vast is more like Kelkoo, or Travelsupermarket ( one never actually buys anything from these sites) but it seems that they have yet to iron out a few glitches in location and pricing.

Taking tongue out of cheek, I think its probably a good thing.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

My listing clicks through to my cottageguide listing with full correct details so I'm happy. :lol:

Saying that, my last week of the summer season has gone today. That's me thru until Sept. I didn't think that last April week would shift and it is the week before my holidays so I thought, great, few days spending money!! 8)

e-rich, I suppose it is like google or any search engine picking you up? Bit of a bummer though if your details are badly wrong.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Oerr...I am a bit bothered
as weve changed location sleeping arrangemants Skiing[dont think so.....!00m from Beach Garage would be handy for storing the skiis
Exquisite architetures..[in torrevieja dont think so...Dutch pulchitride...maybe if someone can tell me what it means :roll:

The only good thing is that theyve found me on holiday Havens which is more than anyone else has done in 18mths :shock: ..not bad as Im not sposed to be on there anymore either..
What i cant get my head round is if they are copying and Pasting details howcome there all wrong :shock:
Bedrooms: 5 Sleeps: 5
Amenities: Balcony, Garage, Patio, Spa, Swimming Pool
Activities: Beach, Golf, Restaurants, Skiing, Swimming

Description: This season we are proud to offer you 2 luxurious absolutely new villas. The villas are situated in a cozy place named Urbanizacion Playa Moncayo, only 100 m from an enormous, never-ending sand-dune beach. Surrounded by the exquisite architecture of different villas, which are built with German seriousness, Dutch pulchritude ....... more details »

$257
» Found at www.holidayhavens.co.uk

I actually think that wrong advertising is a bad thing[and you know me Im happy to be anywhere thats free but dont want to be misrepresented...what can be done :roll: