Paul Tracer

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ciapolin

Paul Tracer

Post by Ciapolin »

I thought I would share this with you - I had my suspiscions from the outset, but have just had them confirmed. The scams do seem to be getting a bit more sophisticated:

My response to initial enquiry:
Thankyou for your enquiry about the availability of our apartments.

Please could you let me know what dates you are interested in and how many people will be in your party.

Scammer:
Thanks for the mail.I am organising it for my twin children.They are coming for fishing trips with their guardian. The date is around 30th of April
Thanks,
Paul

Response:
Our two bedroom apartment is available for 30th April and costs either 160 euros per night or 1000 euros per week.
Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help in any other way.

Scammer:
Thanks for the mail. It's ok by me.I am interested in 4 weeks. Is there any discount for me? Also,i want to know if there is any amusement centres or parks around the place.
If yes, how far it is from there?
Paul

Response:
I am afraid that we are unable to offer any discount. The price for 4 weeks would be 4000 euros.

Our farmhouse and apartments are in a rural location and so you would need to travel to one of the local towns to find the sort of things you are looking for. To give you an idea, Alba is about 25 km and takes 25 minutes in the car. Asti is a bit further, taking about 30 minutes.

Scammer:

You know it's coming!

Thanks for your nice message.It's ok by me.I am very happy that you are ready to offer apartment to my children.I promise you that they willl not mis-behave while in your apartment.
As regards payment, this is what I am going to do,i will instruct one of my associates who is owing me in your country to send the payment directly to you as i am in (Asia) at this point for a business trip. Although the value of the check will be more than your charges to the tune of (8,000 euros ). I think, I should be able to trust you with the remaining balance.The reason why I am doing this is that it would take any cheque sent from over here 60 days to clear,whereas over there any check sent within your country would clear tops within 48 hrs. So I will expect that you send my balance to the traveling agent via western union /money gram,immediately you receive payment for your apartment. so that the agent can be able to arrange for the children's travelling documents, to come to your CITY.
So if my terms are acceptable to you, I would like you to give me your full contact name/address and your phone number so that I can instruct my associate to make out the Payment(cheque) to you.
Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail so that we could start every preparations.
Have a great day.
Thanks again for your consideration!

[/i]
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Stu

Post by Stu »

Why do these people even bother? Haven't they heard of the LMH Jungle Drum? :lol:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

i will instruct one of my associates who is owing me in your country
:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe someone should tell them that line is now as old as the dinosaurs!
tiny

Post by tiny »

the same guy tried that on me ... here's one of the emails he sent me. It's almost identical to the previous one posted above and he didn't even bother to change his name either hahaha. what a dweeb.

Thanks for your nice message.It's ok by me.I am veryhappy that youare ready to work with my children.They will arriveas soon as the agent concludes all the necessaryarrangementsfor the children's/Guardian's traveling/home stay inyour area and tickets to comeover there for theprogram.As regards payment, this is what I am going todo,I willinstruct oneof my associates who is owing me in your country tosend the payment directly to you as Iamin (Asia) at this point for a business trip. Althoughthe value of thecheck willbe more than your charges to the tune of ($10,000 ). Ithink, I shouldbe ableto trust you with the remaining balance.The reason whyI am doing thisis that it would take any check sent from over here 60days toclear,whereas over there any check sent within yourcountry wouldclear tops within48 hrs. So I will expect that you keep my balance forfurther expences that may arise when my children comes.So if my terms are acceptable to you, I would like youto give me yourfull contact name/address and your phone number sothat I can instructmy associateto make out the Payment(check) to you.Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail sothat we could startevery preparations.Have a great day.Thanks again for your consideration!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:roll: Yes, there have definitely been a few seminars in Nigeria on how to up your MO!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be