Complaint about the mountains - well, it is Switzerland

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Mountain Goat

Complaint about the mountains - well, it is Switzerland

Post by Mountain Goat »

First negative feedback today. Family of four turned up for a week, kneedeep (from us) in ski information, avalanche etiquette, snowchain advice etc. and complained that Lake Geneva wasn't on their doorstep, just in-your-face mountains. Mmm, true; the Lake's about 20 mins away by car, 25 secs if we push you off the edge and a pleasant 3,000' drop if you're that keen on a swim.

Makes you wonder if they ever looked at our websites, let alone maps, guides etc.

They were a little unusual - having made up several beds, and a cot - '....no, we don't need all that stuff, we always sleep together....'

MG
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

One recent couple chose to sleep on the sofabed in the lounge rather than in the bedroom.........
Donna P

negative feedback

Post by Donna P »

How do they make it off the plane !!
My only neg feedback was from a guest who found the area "Too Spanish", helllloooo !! Am I missing something here. You know, I could have sworn that I went and bought an apartment in Spain last year. Perhaps I got on the wrong plane !

Bless 'em

Donna
"Stop the world I want to get off"
debk

Post by debk »

"Too Spanish",
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Oh, we were on holiday once and shared the dining table with a couple who thought the fish was "too fishy". :roll:

Dad was one of those cringeworthy Brits who complained that they didn't speak English in Santander like they did up in Benidorm and all of the food there was Spanish, shock horror!

Nowt worse than being on holiday with someone who compares the place to somewhere else they've been constantly. :roll:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Sue,
they didn't speak English in Santander
Now that Abbey has been taken over by Santander is there a language problem in the branches?

Fluffy
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

'.....first negative feedback today.....and it continues....'

As I said at the beginning, unusual family - had an e-mail today asking if we'd found the bottle (opened) of wine they had left on the kitchen table, which had 'sentimental value' and could we forward it on and surprised they hadn't already been notified.

*?!*?!!!*****!

Yes, of course, happy to help :lol:

MG
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

You do pick em, MG.

I would send a very friendly email thanking them for the lovely wine, and sign it: "From the cleaners". :roll:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

had an e-mail today asking if we'd found the bottle (opened) of wine they had left on the kitchen table, which had 'sentimental value' and could we forward it on and surprised they hadn't already been notified.
:? What wierd people! How on earth could you have known that the bottle had 'sentimental value'? The first thing I do on a change over is empty all the bottles of used wine, beer, milk etc straight down the sink and sling the containers in the bin!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:lol: :lol: thats a classic MG!

reminds of a couple who once rented our apartment in Ibiza, when we lived in the UK.
They rang to ask if we'd organise the guests who followed them, to bring back a tin of salmon they'd left at the apartment :shock:

eh guests!...you can't beat em (it's illegal you know :lol: )

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

eh guests!...you can't beat em (it's illegal you know :lol: )
:lol: :lol: I also love the quote from Donna's guests who found the area "too Spanish"!! :lol:

MG...what a shame you couldn't "move mountains" for your guests! :lol:
Last edited by Guest3 on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Alan, you had me very perplexed until I saw the ad on TV last night!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Helen said...
One recent couple chose to sleep on the sofabed in the lounge rather than in the bedroom.........
Just a thought Helen Is there a telly in the bedroom...if not thats the answer...sad but true.....
I know cos when my daughters stays in Spain with her friend she usually uses the sofa bed so she can watch tele....

Did you send back the Wine MG...If so I hope you extracted loads of postage...would have to be registered etc being of sentimental value...my arxx...bottom...

Ive just sent back some camera equipment that was left[we found it when we arrived] they hadnt even realised...any word of thanks or let me pay for postage nah..... :roll:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Ros,
did you ever see this thread on things left behind? I think the overwhelming opinion was that if they don't ask for it back, don't send it!
viewtopic.php?p=9077#9077
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Susan.....

Well Im absolutely bxxx fuming probably should be in the Members Only bit but Im sooo cross i cant be arxxx...[I know when Im really angry cos my ears burn...does that happen to any of you others...theres only one other time when this happens and I know its not that :oops: ]

Right these last guest had both houses..One for a month and 1 for 2 weeks....
While they were out there I got a text that the shutters had broke but they hadnt used that room until that day[a week after arriving so they must have been like it[NO they werent....and they had used the room of course :wink: ]...I will send Paula round I said...Got a text saying Oh No weve fixed them so dont bother.....
hey hadnt just jammed them...]

The last day of stay... They rang Paula to say theyve broken the back door but it can lock......and the washing machine door....of the other house[are you still with me soo far...]

Well luckily we went out there that day...Hubby fixed the Blinds[theyd been dropped and the shutters had to be replaced...which took him a couple of hours[well add a bit cos I was helping :roll: :wink: ]...
Then the back door theyd completley prised the shutting bit off and had to be completely replaced[luckily the lock bit was OK if not would have need 6 new keys cut]...Hubby fixed that as well but the door frame was a bit damaged.....[about an hour]
Got the Wmachine man in to fix] the door[theyd forced it open before it had finished....40 euros...

When I got back sent a nice email...saying Id found some camera equipment..the bit you use plugging into tele and another lead....Did they want them sent back recorded...Also the fact that we fixed the shutters and The back door lock was badly damaged...And that we had fixed the Wmachine door....
She came back with dont bother to send recorded.....The Door was damaged when a gust of wind caught it and it wouldnt open ...

Anyway thought about it and well Didnt charge for anything apart from Wmachine door...though Hubby thought I ought....As if we hadnt been there it would have been at least £100 i reckon to call people out to do it...so thought I ought to take a little bit at least...but no..just £30[didnt even take for postage for camrea stuff..couple of quid...]
I thought it was only an accident these things happen.....

Just got a REALLY snotty email...

Well Ros the postmans just been AGAIN and no sign of our deposit back ..If you are keeping it can you tell me why????

Well I emailed back to say that I posted it on Thursday having to make a SPECIAL trip to the Post Office to do it....Only took £30 from the deposit[£200 both houses] for the W>Machine door...Hadnt even charged postage.for the camera stuff...and I couldnt believe that she would think Id keep all the deposit without telling her and anyway if I wasnt sending the camera stuff why was it ME who let her know that shed left it...

Went off to kick the cat[dont worry havent got one... :roll: ] and make a coffee and rant to Hubby who said Told you you should have charged her for the other damage..wish I had now I said...It wouldve been about a £100 idf you hadnt done it..his eyes lit up..Oh that £100 you owe me then.... :roll: :lol:

Got back and shed emailed me Back....

Hands shaking[ears still burning]...What would she say now she doesnt even want to start... :evil:

Oh Ros...nicey nicey.. just opened the door and the postmens left it on the mat...I dont mind paying for the wmachine door[oh Im SOOO pleased] and we might come back again next year.....NOT if you find this you WONT and my Names Ros spelt

...ROS :twisted: .......just to make sure you can find this cos its all true....

Feel bit..better now dyathink you would feel better with this sort of rant on a closed bit probably not :!: