4week rental enquiry

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
mario

4week rental enquiry

Post by mario »

Just had a 4 week rental enquiry that looks genuine,pity that 2 of the weeks are already booked and that you can see clearly that they are so why do people bother asking,strange
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

People are lazy and don't bother looking at the availabilty at times. I'm still glad i have a calendar though, I still get the odd phone call but nothing compared to when I didn't have availibility online.

Some folk are lazy/don't see what is in front of them full stop! I have said before I had an enquiry asking if the cottage had a kitchen. :roll: cos they couldn't see any sign of one on my site. (Clue for them, it is the room that has in a cooker, washer, microwave, kettle on the photo and "self catering" was a clue too!!)

To be fair I guess, if people are enquiring about a bunch of properties they might just send out a handful of emails and see what comes back.
mario

Post by mario »

To be fair I guess, if people are enquiring about a bunch of properties they might just send out a handful of emails and see what comes back.
Never thought of that Sue,had to laugh at the kitchen one.
firstgreen

Post by firstgreen »

Very timely as I have also just had an enquiry for next March.

Just wondering how much discount should I give for the month?

Heating, cleaning etc. would be included in the rate.
Fil

Post by Fil »

Yes, it is annoying to get enquiries for booked dates. I agree there are a lot of lazy people (my experience shows that some nationalities are particulary lazy. Don't ask me to tell which. Being a latin myself this could be misjudged :D ). But also some sites should have the link to the calendar much clearer and at the top of the page. Managers of sites: Please read this as a recomendation.
anmar1

about calendar

Post by anmar1 »

Hello to you all,
I used to have calendars, I took them off, people do not bother to read them, all of them,!!!! and I notice that. sometime you can use the lack an make it work for you... it just happened again to day) some times I am able to swift them to another week , if the one they want is not available.... well I try ....but I will never be as good as my friend from the Netherlands, who convinced a whole group of 10 people who wanted to go to the beach, to come to visit the countryside instead!!!!, I think she deserves an Oscar!!!

Good night
Anna
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

I think when people look for longer lets they often send emails out to lots of owners and wait to see what comes back. I've just had an enquiry for Jan - March 2008. I can only do 11 weeks and they wanted 12 so I don't suppose I'l hear from them again - someone will give them what they want and at the price they are willing to pay!
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Hi Alifrank1. I hope that you get your 11 week booking. All of would think that is a real bonus if it's a genuine enquiry. All of my long term enquiries seem to be from pastors (often from the US) who have lots of friends wanting to come for a conference :wink: . I tend to just hit the DELETE button!
anmar1

when someone wants the week you do not have anymore...

Post by anmar1 »

alifrank1 wrote:I think when people look for longer lets they often send emails out to lots of owners and wait to see what comes back. I've just had an enquiry for Jan - March 2008. I can only do 11 weeks and they wanted 12 so I don't suppose I'l hear from them again - someone will give them what they want and at the price they are willing to pay!
Cheer up,
it always happens, at least it happens everyday to me... but Ros and others people here gave me strength, we are doing the right thing, we just have to keep going...

ciao
Anna
PugliaLink

Post by PugliaLink »

Where do people think is the best place to advertise long term rentals? Has anyone got any good tips?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

PugliaLink wrote:Where do people think is the best place to advertise long term rentals? Has anyone got any good tips?
Over the last couple of years I have "drifted" into long term rentals. I haven’t advertised at all. It's happened through word of mouth; I let it be known locally that I would be interested.

Fluffy
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

Long term winter rentals are common in Spain, all the oldies come out to get away from the cold of the UK :roll:

Not sure what it's like in other countries though.
PugliaLink

Post by PugliaLink »

We`re in Puglia, Italy which doesn`t have Spain`s very mild winter temperatures, unfortunately. I just wondered whether there are any advertising websites particularly geared towards long-term letting.