Change-Over Cleaning Fee

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Musetta

Change-Over Cleaning Fee

Post by Musetta »

A friend of mine is starting up a cleaning/property services company in our town in Italy (which works out very nicely for me :-). She is primarily managing it from abroad and is partnering with a local (friend of hers) to be there onsite.

She has asked me what I think she should set her prices at to be fair to homeowners, as well as make it worth her time.

So...she wants me to tell her what I would pay for her to put a welcome pack in the home and meet and greet guests and do the final cleaning and laundry and inspect for any damage. We have a small, one bedroom plus a sleep loft (Sleeps 4 guests max). I think someone would not spend more than three hours doing all of that (??)

I, honestly, think that a cleaner in that area would not make more than 10-12euros/hour to perform those services. Does that seem fair to you?? Then, she would want some sort of fee for organising it...I have no idea what that kind of fee would/should be.
thanks!!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Musetta, my apartment manager has 15% of my rental income. However, she is available for most of the year to check out my place when it is empty, and has contacted builders, and architects to arrange for snagging jobs to be done over the past year. The fee also includes the cleaning and laundry ( although she does most of it in my washing machine), and meeting and greeting guests, sometimes at late hours due to bad weather etc. As my winter income is larger than my summer one, ther are months when she will get nothing, but still minds the place, airs it out, and dusts occasionally. I don't begrudge her a penny of it.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

To give your friend an idea, it takes nearly 4 hours to clean our large 4 bed villa inside and out (and we have large terrace areas), so for a property your size I think it would take no more than 2 hours.

We pay our cleaners 10 euros an hour (excluding laundry as all the bed linen goes to the local lavanderia which I take myself). The welcome pack costs us approx. 10 euros and we do the meet and greet ourselves.

Hope this helps.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I give Paula...60 euros a house...Which covers everything...

If she has extra hassle I do give her extra but its not expected...

I have 2 x3 bedroomed houses..that sleeps 8 in each and is mostly sleeping 8 in the summer...she does all the laundry..and does get odd jobs arranged as well..

She also has a keyholding fee and checks the houses when theyre not occupied......about 300 euros a year.....

Crystal and I are in Spain though it might be a bit different in Italy...
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Almost all salaries Italy are based on an offical scale. The first level (which the majority of wrkers are on) pays 1200 euros a month for a 40 hour week which works out at around 8 euros an hour. Cleaning, bar work, restaurants, admin workers etc would all be earning at this 1st level - which is why so many people also work 'in nero'.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Stu

Post by Stu »

I'd expect to pay at least the Italian equivalent of the hourly basic wage (here in France it's €8.60/hour, I think) and then a couple of €'s extra.

I think the point is that you're paying for the trust, rather than the work. It's important that things are done right as first impressions are the most important. You need to be able to sit back in the knowledge that you have a great person representing you over there. If it's worth paying a little extra for, then do so.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Thanks!! Gave my friend the info. to give her an idea of what general going rates are...and she can take it from there :-)