Bookings advice - how can I get more?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All :) ..

My friend had just come back from Florida staying in a villa booked on the iternet..she had a good time and was pleased with the villa..

The owner has said that if she recommends anyone who then books she will send her £25 or £50 off another holiday if she goes again....

She wouldnt recommend it unless she liked it of course...but is this a new idea and what are your thoughts about it

[she seems quite chuffed and its not much to pay is it :roll: ]
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

The owner has said that if she recommends anyone who then books she will send her £25 or £50 off another holiday if she goes again....
Seems a good idea...never thought of offering a token cash payment for recommendation. I do offer a 10% loyalty discount to repeat guests anyway.
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Hi it is something I have been doing since the beginning.
Always Learning
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi If someone enquires and says they were recommended by a genuine previous guest. I either offer a small reduction or leave an extra special welcome pack, I also email the previous guest and thank them for their recommendation and offer a small incentive for them to re-book.

We have a couple coming this year, they were married in Cy last year and the brides parents rented our villa for the wedding week. The newly married couple were so impressed by their mum and dads villa that they have rented it for this year for their first wedding anniversary, they are bringing the grooms parents with them. I have arranged to leave fruit, flowers and a bottle of bubbly along with a first anniversary card from us. It is what I would expect, and I get a kick out of being thoughtful. They didn't tell me it was a recommendation but I recognised the first names and noticed it is the same dates as her parents booked last year for the wedding. I emailed to confirm and they were delighted I had remembered.

Perhaps I have too much time on my hands?? But I love it.

Ruth
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Sorry Davey, lost me. :?

Can someone enlighten me?

Ruth :D
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

sorry, I meant today I got 2 bookings, 1 for 3 days and 1 for 5 days :roll: I am stoopid with my explanations :lol:
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

I get it now... Well done.

Ruth