Bookings advice - how can I get more?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
davey2187

Bookings advice - how can I get more?

Post by davey2187 »

Hi all, new to this great site and a new property owner in Costa Calida, I bought my place late last year and I have activley marketed it, I now have 30 weeks booked out which I am over the moon with, hints and tips for more would be greatly appreciated :D
la vache!

Re: Bookings

Post by la vache! »

davey2187 wrote: I now have 30 weeks booked out which I am over the moon with, hints and tips for more would be greatly appreciated :D
I think you should be the one giving us hints and tips if you have 30 weeks booked!
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

I am doing it on a couple of websites and through the intranet at work which has come up trumps for me.
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

OOps I forgot to mention, I got a 2 week booking from the local chip shop, I am at present receiving lots of enquiries for the weeks I have booked which I am sharing with others we have met, all in all things are looking good. Can I ask what is an average year with regards to bookings?
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Depends where your place is and what you are offering ! There isn't such a thing as an average here as we all have such different places/markets. You seem to be doing pretty well- unless you are almost giving the weeks away,which does happen sometimes with people happy to just have the place occupied.Horses for courses. :lol:
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

Hi Fraise, I dont think that I am giving it away, I have set a price for this year that I believe to be fair as the resort isnt complete yet, next year my prices will increase as the resort will be 100% :D
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Just been to look at your ad. Brilliant booking figures I think for your first year ( for any year !!).Maybe you have struck gold with the kind of property people are looking for in an area they want to be at a price they want to pay.Well done you !! :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Davey...welcome again[we met briefly in the chatterbox club at the party]

Ive only just seen this and looking at the directions given you did very well to find us :wink: ...glad you did..

Very well done on your bookings Ive seemn polaris world advertised a lot at the airports when we arrive...

Your advertising seems to be going well and it seems a bit unconventional which is refreshing...

OOps I forgot to mention, I got a 2 week booking from the local chip shop,...

'You tube 'and the 'fish & chip shop.'..now I know where Im going wrong :wink: :lol: :lol:

Im only joking of course...You Tube sounds a great idea and Im sure there might be others taking note..

Thats whats great about having new people join fresh ideas...

Your very very welcome :wink: :lol: [and I will have cod & chips twice :wink: :lol: :lol: ]
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

£250 pw sounds a steal for what you are offering Davey, though I don't know the market in your area. A great idea (a fixed price for the entire season) for your first year of renting, which is paying off big time. We all know how important that first year is in respect of recovering the expensive set-up costs.

Good luck, and may you get to enjoy your property at some point yourself - though at this rate it may be winter!! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Local advertising is a great opportunity...in the first 2yrs of renting an apartment I bought (before movinghere)...it was filled with co-workers :D
I think people like the confidence of booking with someone off their own patch.

I did fixed prices too for the first year - which was successful.

Looks a lovely complex!

Do you get chance to enjoy it?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

Hi Mouse yes we often rent other properties while out there if our place is unavailable :D
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

It must be great to have that option...whilst knowing yours is earning you some income :D !

mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
firstgreen

Post by firstgreen »

Hi davey2187
I also use youtube to advertise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH9U_v4DXbA
How did you create the video, I presume it is your photos edited together somehow?

What software did you use?

Great idea.
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

If you have windows it is windows movie maker :D