Solar lighting for garden

For anything to do with the garden and pool
mario

Solar lighting for garden

Post by mario »

Does anyone use solar lights for the garden,do they work,I am thinking of getting some to run along my plant borders.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

We have them, they don't really give out any light, but are very pretty on the borders of the garden at night.
mario

Post by mario »

Probably a bit much to run them around the whole garden borders probably better for highlighting features.We have got some dark areas so looks like I will have to use floodlighting.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

We those little pagoda type lamps on a stick in our garden in the UK, as said above, not much light but very pretty; but on the recommendation of someone on another forum (thanks zoe, I know you read this one too) I bought some solar fairy lights for our terrace in spain, and they are LOVELY!!! Little tiny ice white lights, I have strung them into a climbing plant that goes over the top of one of the terraces and they look so pretty. Just the thing when you are sitting outside with a glass of wine..

I'm definitely going to get more of them.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Ooh solar fairy lights sound lovely :D Where did you buy them from?

Mx
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I like the idea of solar fairy lights....I've got just the place for them in our garden! Where did you get them from Nightowl?
Stu

Post by Stu »

Because it's so dark here at night coupled with the unpredictable EDF supply, we have loads of these solar lights dotted about the place so's people can see where they're going. I also have some solar spotlights which light up a huge stone bird bath as well as to downlight a pergola we have. I also have some set into the margelles of our swimming pool. Very effective they are too.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I got my solar fairy lights from ebay. Are we allowed to post links here? Anyway, the seller is manyuenferry (if you do an ebay search on that user name it should bring up their ebay items for sale I think). They have an ebay shop. The lights come from the US I think but they were really reasonably priced and arrived pretty quickly. I bought the string of 60 lights which are lovely. I did buy a 20 string set from another supplier but they were not as bright and 20 isn't enough bulbs to look effective.

What I like about them is that they don't have to reach to a plug socket and you can just leave them outside once you have decided where to string them.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I was just searching for solar lights only yesterday! :D

I got my in-laws some last christmas with LEDs (from QVC) and they told me they're quite bright (more so than ordinary solar lights which can be a bit dull as LV says)

I also saw some fairy lights too!! :) ...well actually they are small globes that glow. I'm getting them for my roof terrace.

these are them http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/ ... .UKGD~U084
if anyone is interested they do post abroad

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
A-two

Post by A-two »

Thanks Nightowl,
After such praise, I bought 2 lots from your ebay seller yesterday, so looking forward to being creative with them!

I have bought stake lights to border the pathway in the past and consider them was a waste of money. Never mind that they don't light the path well, they don't last either, at least not in this climate. After 2 years, I have two left and they are definitely dim, but I have higher hopes for these fairy lights as I'm treating them as disposables. I am thinking of stringing around the boat dock at night and also across a pergola at the entrance to beach, as well around the BBQ area (that's 3 sets!).
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

What a fantastic idea - off shopping!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Nightowl,

Any chance of posting the link? I have done a seach on .co.uk and .com but haven't found anything.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

We have them, they don't really give out any light, but are very pretty on the borders of the garden at night.
:roll: :? :wink:
Stu

Post by Stu »

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/manyuenferry

There you go Carole-Anne. :D
mario

Post by mario »

Funny enough my wife works for QVC and there stuff is usually pretty good quality,will take a look at what they have got.