Booking start/end dates

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.

Are fixed arrival dates a good idea?

Yes
33%
No
22%
Maybe
44%

Total votes: 27

firstgreen

Post by firstgreen »

Just wondering for those who choose fixed Sat-Sat changeovers, what happens when you get an enquiry for 10 or 9 nights?

Do you turn it down, charge for two weeks?
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Firstgreen,

I don't work by any hard and fast rules..I try to pick up on clues in correspondence, suss out who I am dealing with and then negotiate - who knows, maybe you can turn an enquiry for 10-days into a 2-week booking with a little gentle persuasion (worth a try, anyway).

Rab
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi First green..

We had a reall extensive post about this but Im having trouble finding it[anyone there whose good on this searchy thing]

Personally if someone wanted 10 days in Summer May-Oct they would have to pay for 2 weeks but out of season not...

I think most of us are Sat-Sat in peak times...but quite a few others are different because of for some the flts...if they are Sun-Sun...or whatever of course you would be silly to ignore that
In Spain Im between Alicante and Murcia airports and there are lots of flts to choose from...
Nivels

Post by Nivels »

HelenB wrote:Nivels, where abouts in Spain are you?
Hi Helen

We are just outside Mojacar (Almeria).

Thanks to everyone who has replied, I feel much more confident now. I think I will try to push for Sat - Sat and see how it goes.
Fingers crossed! :)
firstgreen

Post by firstgreen »

My intention this year was to stick to Sat-Sat in peak times, however a booking for 12 nights at the start of the season put a stop to that.

I am flexible on arrival dates (and so are most of my competitors) and it has worked out ok. For 2008 I will try Sat-Sat to avoid the odd days left empty.
Personally if someone wanted 10 days in Summer May-Oct they would have to pay for 2 weeks but out of season not...
I will try this, but for 8/9 night enquiries it will take some persuading :shock: