Photo Manipulation

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Actually, Ros, my son spotted it!! :roll: I couldn't, but when I did..... keep looking...I'll give you a clue when I get back from school run if you haven't found it yet! Byeee.
enid

Post by enid »

Do tell - I'm going cross eyed here :)
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

ok, back again, here's your clue: Look at the door....
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Do tell - I'm going cross eyed here
You and me both Enid...

Oh Right party what that means is :roll: ...

theyve took the door out.....[because :? ]

Now I can understand taking a cardi off a chair..

.but removing a door that is sposed to be there makes the photo inaccurate doesnt it.....I mean zooming in a bit to lose the door would be fair enough...but it doesnt seem right... :roll:
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Well, maybe Ros, but I don't think there's any deliberate intention to make people think there isn't a door there - only why have it in the picture when you don't need it? I does look better without, don't you think? This sort of hiccup has happened to me on many occasions and I didn't know you can correct it with Photoshop...looks like I need to get my manual out (wish we could stuff 48 hours into each day :roll: :wink: )
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

But how will my guests get out to visit the beach? :lol:

Ruth
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

But how will my guests get out to visit the beach?
Exacerly :!: ....See Wabbitt my NEW fwends understand :roll: :wink: ...

[Your right of course... :wink: ] but it just makes you wonder what you arent seeing on other things were shown...[well me anyway]...cos Im really such a trusting soul :roll: :?
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

:lol: Well, it's such a lovely appartment (beautifully dressed table) that maybe Ruth's guests will be quite happy to be 'locked in' :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

It does look lovely Doesnt it...

Im sure the website will when its finished as well..

I really like the fact the Kipper and Rosbif have become such active memebers of the forum and fitted in so quickly as well..Its like theyve always been here :wink: :) ...

If there are other Newbies watching hopefully they will join in as well.....we dont bite...well some of the animals might nibble a bit :wink: :roll:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Big improvement by photoshopping out the cardigan and straightening the vertical. As to whether you can market your skills NC, why not put up a simple website with some examples and prices and see how you go? Photoshop manipulation isn't the easiest process for a beginner and many might prefer somebody with expertise to improve their results. One word of caution: if you're intending to manipulate your pix, always work off a copy and keep your original file safe. Sounds obvious but it's easy to forget. Many photoshop processes are destructive and irreversible and, when you get better at manipulation, you'll be pleased to have the original file to work on again.

Normandy Cow wrote:
I would never agree to any dishonest manipulation ...
The pro photographers dirty little secret is that we manipulate photos all the time - unless, of course, you're shooting news pix where it would be wrong. I've just finished working on a file of the Dublin Tram System. I'd set up the shot but had to run for cover when a sudden squall of rain appeared. A few minutes later, the sun came out from behind the clouds and lit the scene beautifully. Terrific shot, except the rain had put standing water onto the canal towpath alongside. Half an hour later, the water had gone - but so had the sun. So, I've just spent a few minutes removing the water from the picture. Is this dishonest? I'll let you decide.

Jim
mvus

Post by mvus »

A typical example of converging verticals with a quick and rough fix to illustrate the problem. The clues are the mirror, cupboard and walls

Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

No. 2 is so much better, mvus! Mmm, quick fix, you say? Sounds promising!
mvus

Post by mvus »

Rocket Rab wrote:No. 2 is so much better, mvus! Mmm, quick fix, you say? Sounds promising!
Well, I would have to remove the handbag on the floor and do some work on the dining table to justify my fee!
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

mvus wrote:
Rocket Rab wrote:No. 2 is so much better, mvus! Mmm, quick fix, you say? Sounds promising!
Well, I would have to remove the handbag on the floor and do some work on the dining table to justify my fee!
Would I be correct in thinking you just need a little perspective to make those sorts of amendments? :wink:
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
mvus

Post by mvus »

Jimbo wrote:I'd set up the shot but had to run for cover when a sudden squall of rain appeared. A few minutes later, the sun came out from behind the clouds and lit the scene beautifully. Terrific shot, except the rain had put standing water onto the canal towpath alongside. Half an hour later, the water had gone - but so had the sun. So, I've just spent a few minutes removing the water from the picture. Is this dishonest? I'll let you decide.
Jim
That seems perfectly alright in my opinion. Where you draw the line though is debatable

Interest article here
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2014593,00.asp