Poss booking but husband wants to look at villa

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
mario

Poss booking but husband wants to look at villa

Post by mario »

Husband would like to look at villa whilst he is in marbella see e-mail below

Dear Chris,

It all sounds fantastic!

My husband is coming to Marbella for 24 hrs on wed this week.

Would it be possible for him to come to view it for 5 mins?

Looking forward to hear from you

Sara wagner

I could only let them look at the outside/gardens as I have no villa keys in Spain.Would you let them have a peep or is it a no no on security grounds,by the way e-mail originates from Manchester.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I wouldn't mind if someone wanted to view our villa before booking (obviously if guests are in house then it can only be viewed from outside). In my case I live only 5 minutes away from the villa so it's easy for me to arrange to meet someone to show them the villa.

Do you not have an agent/cleaner who could be there to meet him?
Last edited by Guest3 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

hi mario

I've had this a couple of times...people coming round to look at the villa on behalf of family/friends.

Its easier for us as we live on site....but then again I manically run round cleaning and tidying :shock: .

I have also taken a friend to look at a villa he booked on the internet....so I think its a fairly normal think to do...people are naturally curious (and excited I bet!)

Do you have a caretaker/cleaner who could show him around? If not then I'm sure he'll be happy to take a peek. IMO if you said no...they may start to worry.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

We posted exactly the same time Mousie! :lol:
mario

Post by mario »

Yes my pool man could let him in to garden but not into the villa as all keys are in UK,we have not arranged management Co yet but know who we are going to use as our 1st bookings are not till end of May.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

We posted exactly the same time Mousie!
I know! We must stop doing that :lol: :D We seem to be thinking alike these days :D

Mario I think that should be fine. He may also want to check the area out as well...so I'm sure as long as he can get an idea of where your place is and what it 'generally' feels like he'll be happy.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
mario

Post by mario »

Cheers, I have e-mailed back to say they can view outside areas.
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Hi Mario,

Good luck with the visit and congratulations for your first booking. Guests wanting to see the property is not unusual, as Mouse says.

I got a call from this man yesterday saying that he had seen the advert and whether he could see the house. I said, “yes, of course you can and we will be happy to show you around. When would you like to see it?� :) , man says “I’m in the village now, can we arrange to see it now?� :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

We are in the middle of a big renovation job in the house, imagine what impression that would have made on him. Of course I had to politely say no. It turned out he wanted the house for a year as he was working nearby. Again, I had to say no.
mario

Post by mario »

Mon not my 1st booking got 4 already 5 if this one turns into a booking.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I could only let them look at the outside/gardens as I have no villa keys in Spain.Would you let them have a peep or is it a no no on security grounds,by the way e-mail originates from Manchester.
Hi Mario I would let them view
Im a bit more concerned by the fact you have no keys in Spain[or access to any]
What if something happened and you had to get into the property..[water leaks etc...] in a hurry...I was told that you do have to have a keyholder in Spain by law..in case theres a need for entry.

Hope this doesnt sound critical its not meant to be.. but its something I would sort asap :wink:
mario

Post by mario »

Actually it was worring me as I was thinking the same thing but we are over on the 7th of May and will have a Management Co then so it wont be long.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mario...

I would always have spares and always have some of your own even/especially if you have a management company so youve always the option to pop in and check the property....

And they should know that you might feel the need to flit over at short notice :roll: :wink:
mario

Post by mario »

Thanks for the tip :wink:,they will only look after the cleaning though and key holding,my pool/gardener man will keep an eye on the place though.
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Well, in that case congratulations x5! :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well, in that case congratulations x5
Mons right very well done :!:

I would be sooo chuffed[sorry i had my sensible head on for a mo. :wink: ..doesnt happen much. :roll:]
..just dont want you to have problems.....Good for you though :wink: dont want to sound negative... :wink: :) ]