aghhhhhhhhhhh (no-show)

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Nessie

aghhhhhhhhhhh (no-show)

Post by Nessie »

:evil: First no show of the season. Took a last minute booking on Sunday, guests already in France so could not arrange deposit. Requested evening meal on night of arrival, which I don’t normally agree to unless I have had some money up front but felt sorry for them. Husband called yesterday to confirm direction. Dinner cooked no guests and no phone call. Looking on the bright side at least I don’t have dinner to cook tomorrow, but its still makes you so mad at just how un thoughtful some of our guests can be as i turned away guests for sunday.
Nessie
enid

Post by enid »

Why do they do this? It's not as though communication is difficult these days. Still as you say you can eat well tomorrow :)
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

How inconsiderate can they be?

You should take a contact no. in future so at least you can give them a mouthful to make yourself feel better.

Some people have no consideration. :roll:

Ruth
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

All it would have taken was a 'phone call to let you know they weren't following through with the booking.....or maybe is that the reason why they didn't call you! Cowards!
debk

Post by debk »

I'm frustrated for you, Nessie. Arrgh!

Of course, we all know that they are the losers in this whole thing: You are irritated for a short time and then forget about them. THEY have to live with themselves 24x7. :shock: I've no doubt that is punishment enough for these types. :lol:

Enjoy your dinner and try not to think too much about the lost booking... :cry:
debk
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

What an awful thing to do!! Especially bad as they wanted dinner and you went to all the extra trouble for them :twisted:
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Well off to bed now on a full stomach
Fresh crab and smoke salmon to start, then chicken breast stuffed with prunes in an Armagnac cream sauce with fresh asparagus, didn’t bother with the dessert will have that for afternoon tea tomorrow, and then dinner will be repeated tomorrow night.
Oh well at least I don’t have beds to make and bathrooms to clean tomorrow more time for the net, only problem I think Sylvia making me a nice list of jobs that need doing to make up for the lost booking,
Nessie
Stu

Post by Stu »

I just hope that nothing unfortunate's happened to them. We had a few no shows for the campsite last year, and were always worried afterwards about what may have happened to them. I tend to e-mail them a few days afterwards to ascertain the reasons why. Some have been fair enough, others didn't respond to either calls or e-mails.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I was only thinking that Stu & Syb....why would he ring for directions and then not turn up!?
Either something terrible has happened or they are extremely rude and thoughtless people.

Accommodation is one thing, but having gone to the effort of buying in stuff and cooking what sounded a delicious meal I too would email them to at least get closure.

Well they don't know what they missed eh? :D

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Nessie

aaargh Indeed..

How awful specially as you had gone to so much trouble...

must admit Im a bit with the others though dont you worry where theyve got to :roll:
.mind you if they were lost theyd ring you I spose :roll:
Maybe its just me but i am still surprised when people act like this...
But then again Im also surprised when chqs are in the post and have defintely been sent......
and then people end up not booking and no the chq was never posted.... :roll: :D

You do like to think the best of people and I still do but now Im not as naive as to always believe what people tell me...

But Ive just been sent the balance of a holiday booked at the end of July.... weeks early..[hadnt even asked for it ]

and a lovely email from someone who just stayed in the houses..who had a great time...
so rough and the smooth I spose... :roll:

And your making me Hungry :!:
me and Mousie have been dieting this week :roll:

As someone else said
Theyre Loss...they were horrible people anyway by the way theyve behaved so you wouldnt have wanted them anyway.... :wink: :wink:
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

To be honest when they booked I had a funny feeling about it as you do. But when they called on Wednesday to get direction and advise time of arrival thought no more of it. Called the mobile this morning and was told that they decided to spend some more time at the coast and that they had rung on Thursday morning to cancel, but as I was in all day yesterday and even when I was in the garden no message was left on the phone. I suppose in some ways I am lucky as it’s only the fourth time its happened in 5 years, but at least with the others I did have the deposit in the bank. The funny thing was I had already spent their money, which is something I don’t normally do, that will teach me to count my chickens
Nessie
fibi

Post by fibi »

Well Nessie, your menu sounded delicious - I would never not have turned up for such a wonderful meal :D

4 no shows in 5 years is pretty good, even worse than the no shows are the runners- we've had one in 2 years then you get all the work and none of the money instead of just none of the money!
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Fibi,

That is so awful for you. I would be hopping mad. Do you not charge up front? I know in hotels you usually pay at the end of your stay but I thought all self catering holidays had to be paid for before or on arrival.

Ruth
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Nessie cooked
Fresh crab and smoke salmon to start, then chicken breast stuffed with prunes in an Armagnac cream sauce with fresh asparagus,
Yummy..made my mouth water! Wished I was there to help you eat it! :D
fibi

Post by fibi »

99% of the time I charge up front, payment 6 weeks before etc. However this was a guest that had stayed before with no problems - she gave a plausible story of changing bank accounts didn't have a cheque book yet and so on, stayed for 2 weeks and left without paying...

I was too embarrassed to ask her to pay when she was here - just assumed she would pay when she left - stupid me! She didn't answer my calls and my letters to her address were returned so I gave up - a bit poorer but wiser.
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.