Any property owners in Sevilla ( I'm very tempted)

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Donna P

Any property owners in Sevilla ( I'm very tempted)

Post by Donna P »

After spending the last week in Sevilla I can't believe how different it is to the other Spanish cities. I loved it and have sorced some properties in the old jewish quater a lot cheaper than in other cities and on the costas. The place is just awesome. Why hav'nt property prices here risen to match the
other cities or the "British" Costas ?
Is it the last great bandwaggon of Spanish property ?
Someone must know.
Donna x
( can't settle , want to run away with the circus)
"Stop the world I want to get off"
debk

Post by debk »

Can't help you, Donna, other that to say I love Sevilla.

Darn hot in the summer though. But the old town. Ah. What a pleasure.

Someday we intend to go for the combo Andulusian/Flamenco festival at Easter. I've heard it's unforgettable. So do let me know when you get your place up and running.... :)
debk
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

We've been 3 times now as it's only an hours drive from our place BUT still haven't seen much. We seem to stroll about a bit, take the horse and carriage or bus ride, find somewhere nice for lunch and blow me down are still sitting there 3 hours later just people watching :roll:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

We haven't managed it yet , other than the inside of IKEA at Seville (intimately, spent all our waking hours there for about 3 days on the trot when we were furnishing our house...), which REALLY doesn't count.

We are like you, only an hour's drive away. But there's always so MUCH to do and see in the Luz that we haven't done it yet. Shame on us...

Same with Jerez and that's only half an hour away. We drove there, got stuck in a traffic jam, couldn't find anywhere to park, drove rounds in a circular traffic jam for about an hour, got really ticked off and went to Cadiz instead....(which is brilliant).

Both are definitely still on the 'must see' list but we have had such a lot of fun exploring other Luz places that we don't feel that we have missed out. That's the best bit about having a house in area that you love, you have got plenty of time to explore at your own pace without knocking yourself out, and you know that you can always re-visit somewhere that you really liked.

But Donna, you have encouraged me to really make sure we do take the time to see Seville when we are over in June... although I know it will be really steaming at that time of the year... that's why lot of Sevillanos are at the seaside in Chiclana, where my house is....
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Donna P

Sevilla

Post by Donna P »

Thanks for replying Partridge and Night Owl. What are the prop prices like in your neck of the woods? Could be an alternative option to buying in Sevilla itself .

Donna x
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

On Isla Canela re sales are around 250,000 to 300,000 for a 2 bed and 300,000 to 400,000 for a 3 bed apt (there are smaller and bigger types).

There is the Costa Esuri development which is alot cheaper but on a massive scale, then Ayamonte town itself which is also cheaper. This website has a fair selection of stuff
http://www.linkscostadelaluz.com/

We are bordering Portugal and nightowl is the other end near Cadiz and Jerez.

Inbetween us and Seville is also Nuevo Portil and El Rompido which are quite nice.

LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Nightowl wrote:We haven't managed it yet ....
Oh you should go Nightowl, it's a fantastic city.

We have been just for the day but we've also stayed overnight which is much more leisurely and the place has a fabulous atmosphere after midnight!
LaLuz

Re: Any property owners in Sevilla ( I'm very tempted)

Post by LaLuz »

Donna P wrote: Why haven't property prices here risen to match the
other cities or the "British" Costas ?
I think the answer is probably in your question. Sevilla is still Spanish and the spanish pay less than we British for property!

Although more flights are going from the UK to Sevilla and Jerez the area is still relatively difficult to get to and this has probably prevented the mass tourism of the other costas.

I often wonder too whether the Brits (a wild generalisation I know) traditionally dislike travelling to places where English is not widely spoken and you rarely hear it spoken in Sevilla.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Seville is on my list of 'must visit' places.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Well, one day I am going to stay here, near Seville.
http://www.elbullihotel.com/benazuzaweb_eng.html
It is the hotel version of the world famous El Bulli restaurant and has a tasting breakfast on the same theme.

Oh yes, my own chauffeur, a day in Seville, lounge on the day bed.....bring it on :lol:

Donna P

Post by Donna P »

I stayed at the Hostal Dali and even though it was Feria week it still only cost us £35 per night per room with private bath. I shared with a friend so it worked out at £17.50 per night each and we were right in the centre by the cathedral. Have a look at it on Trip Advisor. I flew to Madrid and got the AVE to Sevilla. It only took 2.5 hours, very comfy, very cheap AND on time.( Why the hell can't Britain get it right with public transport !!! )
Thanks chums, for all your interesting replies to this thread and thanks Partridge for the property link.
Donna x
centime

Post by centime »

Found this site I had bookmarked for apartments in Seville http://www.embrujodesevilla.com/english/index.htm very inviting 8) Can't wait to make a visit in cooler weather, did visit Toledo a few years back absolutely amazing!
Lisbon the lovely, Lisbon the fair, never to have seen her is to miss something rare!