Rush of last minute summer bookings

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

this is a strange year. It really seems that everybody has chosen the same period to go on holiday. Isn't it strange?
It is strange. I thought last year might be difficult because of the world cup - but it turned out fine for us (for the larger houses taking 10/12 it was a difficult year).

I also checked all my enquiries and this year I hardly had any for June compared to last year. Also looking at other similar properties they seem to have done better in May than June (I don't rent out in May)...May is usually a bit iffy here due to the direct flights only starting late and being expensive in the school holidays.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

UK families are finding it more difficult to take their children out of school, even when they are really small. Some friends of ours aren't having a holidayat all this summer, because they can't get any annual leave in July or August.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

that will have an impact on the holiday market then Helen.

I also wondered if the good summer last year made people think about taking a holiday later in the year - when the weather might not be so good in the UK.

Roll on the year I only have to rent in peak months!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!