Enquiry to booking conversion time

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

I see absolutely no problem with a friendly follow-up. I wouldn't take offence at all.

I always make clear after the initial inquiry that I will expect a reply within 3 days. otherwise the dates will be available to others.

Although when I do do it occasionally I get the feeling that I am wasting my time, cos if they really were interested, they would have come back to me.

Ruth
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

kipper889 wrote:I always make clear after the initial inquiry that I will expect a reply within 3 days. otherwise the dates will be available to others.

Although when I do do it occasionally I get the feeling that I am wasting my time, cos if they really were interested, they would have come back to me.
You're probably right in the majority of cases, Kip, but beware the exceptions. We had a French family stay with us for three weeks last year. At the end of their stay, they asked us to hold the same three July/August weeks for them until February of this year. I did, (without taking a deposit), but decided at the end of February that I deserved an answer. I emailed them on a Monday, giving them until the following Friday to reply. They replied to say they wanted the house - on Sunday! - at which point I told them I had rented the house to someone else. (And guess what, they were less than gracious about it! :roll:)[/b]
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Well, their loss RR. :wink:

As long as you gave them a fair notice, what more can you do?

Ruth
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Rocket Rab wrote: (And guess what, they were less than gracious about it! :roll:)
How casual - then how cheeky!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I always put read receipts on my reply emails to enquirers? and believe me it takes some quite a few days to get to my reply!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
mon269

Post by mon269 »

I’ve been quiet for a few days but I’m back, here it goes:

LV, that’s a record, well done, you must have left an impression if after that time they still remembered you. I did mention on another thread about this family that out of the blue sent me all the information that I need to secure the booking. I could not remember receiving any enquiries from them and finally found the email. It was 3 months old.

I do send reminders, although I started very recently doing so. They are not of the sort “Have you decided or what?� type but of the “did you receive my reply a couple of days ago? I would like to know if all the information was clear and if there is anything else I can help you with� type. It’s not so much a reminder but a second contact just to try and get some clues on how serious they are and only if I did not get any response from my email. So far it has worked for me with 50% responses and they seemed happy that I cared (they did not book :cry: ).

However, I don’t call them as I don’t like being called because I feel I need to make a decision then and there. Sending an email allows them time to think.
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

I don't bother with reminders. Someone enquiries, I answer, and then I move on. I feel reminders are just extra non productive work that I dont have time for!
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Edinburgh Self Catering Villa - Scotland - As rejected by Sawdays :wink:

Love it! What a great sense of humour OB!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Edinburgh Self Catering Villa - Scotland - As rejected by Sawdays

Love it! What a great sense of humour OB!
Your right wabbitt... :wink: :lol: :lol:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Well you're not rejected by us, Wabbit. And I bet you have a lot of satisfied guests who don't reject you, either.

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Methinks there has just been a case of mistaken identity! :wink:
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Yep, TC, I think you've got the wrong Rab...but me and OB are heartened to know we can count on your support, thank you! :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Poor TC :(

Hows she sposed to recognise ya with your sunglasses on :roll: easymistakatomaka

..Wabbitt...Dog..Dog..Wabbitt :wink: :roll: :lol:
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Big Sis.. wrote:..Wabbitt...Dog..Dog..Wabbitt :wink: :roll: :lol:
Mmm, yes, there is a definite similarity ! :?: :lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Goat!