6-month rental contract

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Louise,

Came late to this thread but I agree with all of Kathy's suggestions. I clicked on your site and thought, 'looks interesting, but I can't see enough.'

Kathy, I don't think your post will dishearten Louise, it will give her ideas that will help, some really good advice.

I think your place looks great Louise you just need to 'promote it more' not with more advertising, but some really good pictures that catch the eye.

Good luck with it, you have some work to do but I'm sure it will pay off.

Ooops perhaps this should be in website reviews. :oops:

Ruth
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I have just finished doing my Income Tax return for the year 2006 and one interesting fact has come out of it.

Now that I have adopted longer term lettings my rental income hasn’t diminished; it’s pretty much the same as it has been for the previous two or three years. But, and it’s a big but, my tenants are paying all the bills so my net income has increased substantially. The other big “but� is that I am no longer involved in minor repairs and replacements, weekly cleaning and laundry.

It’s working for me.

Fluffy
Ju

Post by Ju »

Hi Lou

I can see why you want to go for the longer term lets, but just a thought. Does the property have any private areas or are they all shared with the other gites?

I can see the problem being that people tend to occupy the space available to them. So if their outside space is also the gite space they will tend to take "ownership" of that space. Also if they are to have use of the pool, how will you let the other holiday makers know that. It is not the same as sharing with someone else who is on holiday, no is it the same as sharing with owners. Personally it would put me off if I knew there was a long term tennant there (just my personal feelings)

I think the rent you have got is VERY good, so it may well work out for the best, but it would be worth putting some ground rules in place at the beginning.

Best of luck.

Ju
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Where are you Loopy Lou? That's the first time I've done a proper in-depth website review and now you've disappeared!

Was it helpful at all?

Kathy