What enquiries, what bookings?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I've just got another weeks booking for mid sept. So only 2 more weeks to go.

When I looked back at our 1st years enquiries (we didn't hit the market until at least v.end April) I didn't start getting September enquiries until July...so theres hope yet for everyone!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

Did you get many July/August bookings your first year Mouse?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Yes we did OG - we were fully booked in our first year.
I was really surprised as I thought we'd struggle being so late in getting everything ready (In fact we didn't have electricity until the day before our 1st guests arrived :shock: But thats a whole other story!)
I remember our 1st booking was for 2 wks at the beginning of August that came through in May. It was from someone who'd only just started looking and was surprised how many places were already booked.

I got an awful lot of last minute enquiries for September - my bookings for that month came in July and August.

Mouse
x
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Just had to comment Mousie,

I am not suprised you found yourself fully booked for your first year, your listing and site look fantastic. Such a beautiful, perfect place. I'm sure your last couple of weeks will go very soon. I think it has been an 'odd year' for many of us.

We are just about there, one week left in September. Seems to be a general thing with slow September bookings, I wonder why?

We have 10 days free from 24th June which I don't expect will be booked, but I am happy to give the place a rest, a bit of breathing space to do a few jobs. She has served us well and deserves it. :lol:

Ruth
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

thanks Kip for your lovely comments! :oops:

I think this year has been tougher - the only one I know who's fully booked is a friend who had 9 weeks (out of the 16wks she's renting) booked out to repeat guests.... But she is in her 7th year now.
but I am happy to give the place a rest
Yip - that's the perfect compromise. If you can get a few things done then it's never time wasted.

Ah - well ... back to the 'pre 1st guest' cleaning :roll: Only got to sweep around the terraces & pool and give the ol' budda a wipe and I'm there!
First tho' I'm gonna have a nice healthy salad (if I keep saying that I might convince myself :lol: )

What a week to start a diet :lol:

Mouse (who's finally moved out of the villa and is now sitting on a box in the apartment surrounded by 'stuff' :roll: )
x
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

OOOhh mousie, tell me more about your move perhaps on another thread or pm, I am just soooo nosey.

I know it must be such hard work getting the place just perfect for your first guests, I admire and value 'our girls' enormously. I am envious of them sometimes, wishing I was there to greet the guests and see the look on their faces and feel the personal satisfaction of a job well done. Although I don't envy the sheer hard work involved. :D

TCC again!! I just can't help it.

Ruth
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Righty-ho Kip - off to cafe I go & TCC :D

Mouse
x