What enquiries, what bookings?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Another enquiry this morning from a repeat guest,for next winter, wanting a discount (they get 5% anyway), and a one week price for a flexible 8 night booking, arriving midweek.
gpck

Post by gpck »

Gascony Goat wrote:Interesting Feathers - your market must be a bit different there - great news, and sounds as if Sept will soon be going the same way!
Yes, as we have a year round 'season' - not just the Summer months, and as most of our bookings come from Americans, who tend to book at the last minute...
gpck
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Sounds as if it's been a really great investment!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Stu & Syb,

You are saying pretty much the same as are two of my neighbours.

One has a camp site and it is regularly full to overflowing without much effort on his part. I understand he only has his own Web Site and the enquiries keep flooding in; mostly from the continent, not so many from the UK.

The other has two gites and they are heavily booked for this year, almost exclusively by repeat guests. He is on a number of Listing Sites and through them he’s had very few enquiries.

I’m not even getting many repeats this year but why should I? Far too many of my previous guests have bought houses of their own.

Fluffy
Stu

Post by Stu »

Alan Knighting wrote:Stu & Syb,

I’m not even getting many repeats this year but why should I? Far too many of my previous guests have bought houses of their own.

Fluffy
That's always a problem Alan. We've been counting, and there's at least 10 groups of guests in the past year that have bought here in France! Too many Brits wanting to believe that the UK's not a good place to be anymore, and too many 'ex-pats' fueling the fire! Should we just keep shtum?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Stu & Syb wrote:That's always a problem Alan. We've been counting, and there's at least 10 groups of guests in the past year that have bought here in France! Too many Brits wanting to believe that the UK's not a good place to be anymore, and too many 'ex-pats' fuelling the fire!
The double whammy is that so many of them start running their own gites. More supply + less demand = Oh! bugger.

Alan
Stu

Post by Stu »

You'll all have to excuse me while I nip to the supermarché for a pack of razorblades!

Cheers Alan! :lol:
genie

genie

Post by genie »

Hi all,
At least I'm not the only one that is wondering where are those bookings, getting the hits but no follow through. Perhaps what is needed is some impartial and objective points of view.
Be gentle with me I'm new. :?

Genie

www.holidaylettings.co.uk/26563; ownersdirect.co.uk/s7227.
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

well it looks LOVELY to me :?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Geneie your OD one isnt on right try pasting this

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/s7227.htm

www.holidaylettings.co.uk/26563

cant get your HL one either..Make sure this is your if it its really nice :wink:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linda147

Post by linda147 »

the semi-colon is the problem with the HL link - remove that and it works.
Looks lovely and prices are reasonable. You seem fairly booked up for July and August with just a few gaps where you have done mid-week to mid-week. That's the problem with being flexible, you can end up with a few days you can't let, but we have done the same - when you are new you have to take all the bookings you can! A booking in the hand......
genie

What enquiries.

Post by genie »

Thank you so much ladies for your time, can’t do much about the web link now as I can’t past over the existing information but will keep a note to change the details when possible. “Yes we have a nice looking calendar for August� unfortunately it is mostly family, need I say more!!!!! :roll: :cry:
Genie
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Genie...

Lindas pointed out the problem with the HL link all you need to do is cut and paste these onto your next
posting :wink: [ive added the HL one as well to my post above]

its easy to get in a bit of a muddle with these as a dot or in this case a semicolon throws it all out Ros

Hope this helps :)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All

Just took a booking for next July...[2 weeks both houses]

its odd as Ive had 2 phone calls and 2 emails this week for these dates......Strange
[maybe they know something we dont....]
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Big Sis.. wrote:its odd as Ive had 2 phone calls and 2 emails this week for these dates....]
It's weird when that happens isn't it?

I had a call from an Estate Agent last Sunday morning, he was looking for somewhere for a client. I had availability for his dates so agreed that he could forward my details.

By 6pm that evening I had received another booking for the same dates, they enquired, confirmed and transferred the money all within a couple of hours so I had to email the Agent asking for my details to be withdrawn.