A bit of a weird one. Guest paid then disappeared?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Jason W

A bit of a weird one. Guest paid then disappeared?

Post by Jason W »

Hi,

I took a booking in February for one week in June from an individual who sounded very nice (as far as you can tell from the written word), explained the pricing and promptly received a cheque which I cashed for the full amount, rather than just the deposit.

I contacted the client via e-mail to explain that I was happy just to take the deposit but she was equally happy for the full amount to be cashed.

Since then, I've updated her via e-mail with regards to improvements to the property and as per normal sent her directions to the house, two weeks from her arrival.

However, I've had no response whatsoever. My question is, other than what I've done do I have any further obligations in case she's vanished off the face of the earth? I can't obtain her number as its ex-directory.

If she turns up - great. If not, I've received her funds for nothing.
fibi

Post by fibi »

bet she turns up! This has happened to me - email addresses change/stop working/have problems etc. I have had to resort to snail mail on occasions to contact guests but everyone has turned up on the day!
:D
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Fibi,

I should think she thinks you've sent out dozens of these emails to all your prospective guests at all your properties and the last thing you'd want would be lots of emails from them all!

They expect us all to be agents doing this all day long so unless you ask her any specific questions she probably won't respond!

Kathy
fibi

Post by fibi »

Yes you are probably right Kathy. I usually email all guests one week before thay are due to arrive asking them time of arrival, whether they want to arrange a tesco delivery, making sure they have directions OK, asking if they want anything special in the cottage depending on time of year this could be hot water bottles/more blankets/specific books/fans etc

Anyway only 50% or so reply however unless someone tells me its deeply irritating I'll continue. I always think booking something online is still a great leap of faith so a bit of contact before thay arrive isn't going to do any harm :D :D
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
Jason W

Post by Jason W »

fibi wrote:bet she turns up! This has happened to me - email addresses change/stop working/have problems etc. I have had to resort to snail mail on occasions to contact guests but everyone has turned up on the day!
:D
You were correct. Turned up and had an enjoyable holiday.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Phew Jason....bet that was a relief!

Did she happen to explain why she'd not been in touch?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Jason W

Post by Jason W »

Nope. Just a bit blonde I think.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Jason W wrote:Nope. Just a bit blonde I think.
Oh no Jason, be careful there.............discrimination warning :shock: :roll:

Kathy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Jason W wrote:
Nope. Just a bit blonde I think.

Oh no Jason, be careful there.............discrimination warning
:lol:
Well from someone whose a'bit' blonde[well me and niceneasy :wink: ]..Im not offended at all :wink: :)
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Didn't offend me either, Jason. :P