Plastic Glasses

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Ju

Plastic Glasses

Post by Ju »

I need to buy some more plastic glasses for use by the pool. I have some nice ones which I bought from Ikea several years ago, but I've just been there today and they don't do them anymore.

I need to replace some that I bought from casa about two years ago, they have really suffered from the dishwasher and are quite unsightly. Any ideas where I can get some at not too hideous a price. There seem to be loads around in the UK but not in France.

Ju
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

yes, there are lots in the UK now because it's BBQ season. I don't know what you normally buy but I found that the frosted ones are very good because they don't show scratches etc so much and look good even after a lot of goes in the dishwasher. I got mine from Sainsburys...
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have some plastic tumblers that some guests bought us, I assume locally, so they would be from Sherpa, GÉant or Champion.
Ju

Post by Ju »

I don't really understand why they are so easily available in the UK and not here. Helen, we don't have any of those supermarkets here, I looked in L'Eclerc this morning, but the only thing they have has Dora the Explora on them!

Ju
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Ju,

Veronica has bought a couple of picnic sets from Ecomarche (Intermarche), a plastic jug and 4 plastic tumblers, dishwasher safe, 9€.

She says they are in all the shops, which is good enough for me - cos I don't do shopping :wink: :oops:

Robert
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

In France, if you want anything made from plastic all you need do is go to GiFi.

Fluffy
Ju

Post by Ju »

Alan

Thanks, I'd forgotten about Gifi, I'll make a trip tomorrow.

Ju
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Found some dishwasher-proof plastic wine glasses today at half-price....... £1 each, most plastic wine glasses seem to be huge but these are very elegant :D. Whittards of Chelsea.

If there isn't a shop near you, you can buy them online here:
http://www.whittard.co.uk/ProductDetail ... uage=en-GB
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

kathyg wrote:Found some dishwasher-proof plastic wine glasses today at half-price....... £1 each, most plastic wine glasses seem to be huge but these are very elegant :D. Whittards of Chelsea.
Yeah - I've got those - they're pretty good, aren't they? They have a shop opposite my office and I picked 'em up at any 4 for £2. As well as wine-thingies, I got these tumblers with a built-in straw which coils around the glass - the visiting kids just clamour for them. :)

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.