Which rental site has been the best?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
rebel

Post by rebel »

they done nothing for us sorry,click for homes we are still with not officially though,lol,Holidaylettings has been great,aslong as you keep updating you stay up in the top few pages.costa vacations is doing really bad,the numbers have dropped drastically,but we have had a few with them.we are going now with OD,hopefully get some with them.as long as you get one booking,it is their fee sorted,and a little extra.It also depends where you are situated,how many rooms ,etc.This year most have dropped their prices a lot,myself included ,as a little money is better than none at all. :roll:
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

My best performers this year are Choosespain, Homelidays, Espana breaks,, Latelets, holiday lets and lettings. I haven't had anything from OD, though others find them to be very good and not a single enquiry so far from spain-holiday or Daltons - disappointing.
Hope this is helpful - like the others say, I suppose it depends on area and what you are offering.
I have just received a long term rental request for the winter for both our villas - Choose spain, again, and no charge for the extra advert - very impressed since I ony had it posted for 2 days. I will probably take it because I am beginning to despair of getting golfers in for the winter months.
That finally finishes my bookings apart from a couple of weeks for this year and I have the others on this site to thank for this.
I asked about best sites for our area because I had been getting my marketing all wrong in the past and joined the ones they suggested. Some Hatters also kindly warned me that chasing golfers was a waste of time. I think they were right.
Good luck but it is potluck !
brenda

Post by brenda »

We offer Bed + Breakfast accommodation but use the same sites as apartment and villa owners.

Up to this year Owners Direct have been great - this year lots of hits but hardly any enquiries and just a couple of bookings.

By far our highest number of enquiries for 2007 - mostly converting into confirmed bookings - has been from Homelidays. Only problem is that enquiries are generally not from the UK - have to make good use of schoolgirl French and the Babel Fish language translator! Will definitely renew this ad.

Depressed yesterday - had a weeks booking in both our rooms from 14th August and these have had to cancel. Am sure they have a genuine reason for cancelling but a bit of a blow to the old bank balance all the same!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Depressed yesterday - had a weeks booking in both our rooms from 14th August and these have had to cancel. Am sure they have a genuine reason for cancelling but a bit of a blow to the old bank balance all the same!
What a real shame Brenda :( Im crossing fingers that you soon bet rebooked :wink: ]
Take Carexx
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Brenda! :D (Great to put a face to a name! :wink: )

What a shame about the cancellations!
Did you take a deposit from them?
brenda

Post by brenda »

We don´t take deposits as none of the other B+B accommodation in the area does and, as many bookings are only for the odd night, it isn´t worth people paying for money transfers on small amounts.

Just wish I could have known a couple of weeks ago as I have turned down so many enquiries for those dates!

Ah well, such is life.

Have put availability on Ebay so will see what happens.

Lovely to meet you + Hubby Bagpuss - call for a drink if you are ever in the area.
rebel

Post by rebel »

oh hope you get re-booked.people are still looking for bookings for next week