Improving our Summer market.

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mountain Goat wrote:Great! Do you want a reminder to swop back to winter later this summer? :)
Assuming you get a winter.... (ducks below parapet)
Just joking, take no notice. The new colour hits the spot perfectly Helen!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Helen, did you mean a question mark after ........it's fabulous?........on your scolling bit? Should that be an exclamation mark? :wink:

Kathy
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sorted, split it into two sentences.
Kersh

Post by Kersh »

Helen, that looks loads better now! :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The calendar pages will still come up purple, but as this is only a temporary change, I can live with it.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Looks nice and summery now helen :)

Gascony Goat - indeed! *weeps into beer
It is looking great though, and I'm out here right now, so can't complain! :lol:
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thanks, dug out some more pics too.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I really like the one of the river :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

The subject of summer and winter looks to websites is a thrown a bit by our current bookings - in the last month, we have had bookings for this autumn, skiing and next summer. I would not want to change the whole look of the site as changing it now to winter would turn off the people already booking for next summer. Although we are in a skiing resort, the non-skiing part of the year is far better for us than the skiing season - partly because it is much longer. The skiing bookings more or less happen of their own accord (Germans and Dutch but we are trying to get more non Germans as they are less price sensitive) so we have always put most effort into the non skiing. We get booked solid mid July to end August, and fairly good (could always be better :) ) other times.
We are trying a solution with the website/season situation by putting up a new site www.bavarian-skiing-holidays.com which will hold all the winter sports information. It's not fully functional yet so don't all rush to look and tell me what's wrong! The idea is that it still links to all the pages on the main site. We are setting up a different booking form so that people can request equipment hire and lessons. I am still not convinced that the changes in colour work but I don't want to have to make changes on 2 websites all the time, especially as we run our own availability calendar.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Margaret, all I actually did in the end was change the current purple colour to a fern green, which I changed back a couple of weeks ago, and I reordered the pages and pictures to make the summer ones more prominent. In the end my summer turned out quite well, and I've had some September bookings too (only one week empty). I also linked to my blog site, and added some pages on there about the area. Ski passes and lessons are directed to my apartment manager, as she runs a ski school.

:D