Advanced Passenger Information requirements for Spain

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Mountain Goat

Advanced Passenger Information requirements for Spain

Post by Mountain Goat »

I guess you all know about this, but may be of interest:

British Airways plans to meet the Advance Passenger Information (API) requirements of the Spanish authorities from 13 June 2007.

This is the first enforcement of its kind on European routes and means that all airlines, including British Airways, will be required to collect specific information from every passenger travelling to Spain. This information is compulsory and is required for the purposes of ensuring aviation safety and security.

Below is a list of the information required:

· Full given names
· Surname
· Nationality
· Date of birth
· Travel document number e.g. passport number

MG
Marks

Post by Marks »

I believe this is part of a wider EC requirement due to come into force next year. Looks like the Spanish have jumped the gun.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi MG

Had an Email from Easy Jet Yesterday

As a result of new legislation from the EU, all passengers travelling from the UK and Switzerland to Spain on flights departing 11 June onwards are required to provide Additional Passenger Information (API) before they travel.

One or more destinations in your booking above require you to provide the date of birth, nationality and passport or national identity card details for each passenger on the booking.

Apparently if you dont send them before you get to the airport you dont fly.. :)

My Gals were flying from Stansted Today and they had a fire[a real one they could smell it] :o
You can imagine the chaos..anyway ..theyve just arrived safely in Spain....so thats good..
Still worry Dontya There 23 and 30... :roll:
cc

Post by cc »

Doesn't apply to countries that are part of the Schengen(?) agreement. So if I go from Spain to Germany nothing has changed but to UK and Switzerland the new rules are enforced.
You don't have to write something on every thread, do you?
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

What about Portugal. Anybody know?

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Marks

Post by Marks »

Only applies to flights to Spain at the moment.

Easyjet have now updated their website so the relevant information can be submitted online via the My Easyjet section of the website. Have just done mine. Log into the My Easyjet section select the flight, click 'Change' and then click Amend Document Details.

When booking flights to Spain you will now be prompted to enter the required information as part of the online booking process. You won't be able to book flights without doing so.

From 13 June if passengers haven't submitted the required information they won't be allowed to fly..........