Last minute booking

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Someone once said that if it was raining brains, Roxy Robinson wouldn't even get wet.
Not at all sure why I'm posting this, just another quote from Bugsy, and because I love breaking rules. :lol:

Ruth

You have to stop leading me astray Mols!!! :wink:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Kipz wrote:
You have to stop leading me astray Mols!!! :wink:
Aah, but I like to think of it as my role in life. 8)

mols
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Wobert wrote:
Another alternative might be if the guest goes to your bank, and pays in CASH to your account. That should be cleared immediately, which you can check on the internet or by phoning your bank. - Robert
For last minute bookings I ask the guest to pay cash into my account at their nearest High St branch. That way I can see the deposit on the internet the minute it's done! LaLuz
Echo, echo :lol:
You are quite right (if a little rude :lol: ) and I will try to read posts a little more carefully before I dare to respond!
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

No you are right LaLuz, it was rude of me, I apologise.

But if you really wanted to see rude you should have been here a couple of weeks ago.

Bye for the time being.

Robert
enid

Post by enid »

371 viewings of this thread presumably wanting to read about 'Last minute bookings'!!

Re the original question - can't help with key sending as we live on site except to suggest establishing a local collection point if at all possible. Why not use Paypal or equivalent for last minute payments?

I think the market is changing and more and more people are booking late especially for shoulder months. Hope that helps :)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

establishing a local collection point if at all possible
Good point Enid. :) ..

Paula has a extra spare set of keys for this sort of eventuality...
Last year we had a late booking and this came in very handy.... :roll: [though as I said before...double check the people are who they say they are.. :wink: :) ]
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

If I get a last minute booking within 7 days, I insist on a cash deposit (as I need to email the necessay info) and I also need to know whether the person booking is serious. As I live in Spain, I normally post the keys well in advance...but for last minute bookings it is the only time I ever wait at the villa for guests to arrive to hand over keys!

Kip...great news to get that last minute booking! :D :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I accepted a last minute booking at Easter, it was actually a current guest wanting to extend their stay by three days. I let them pay cash to my apartment manager, but it actually was too much bother, and due to a mess-up by Credit Agricole, it took me until the end of May to get the money. I will insist in future they stick to my Paypal arrangements, even if , as in this case, they would have had to pay another damage deposit. They wanted to book while I was still on holiday and had no internet access, meaning I couldn't send them a manual booking for the dates.