Crack down on illegal taxis at Alicante Airport.............

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Donna P

Crack down on illegal taxis at Alicante Airport.............

Post by Donna P »

Hi Chumleys
I have just heard of an incident at Alicante over the weekend involving police and illegal taxi people. Does anyone have any further info ? Details are sketchy at the moment but it seems to have sent a wave of panic through taxi drivers in Mazarron as well.

Regards
Donna x
"Stop the world I want to get off"
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Donna :) ..

Just emailed Paula[her hubby does pickups] and she said A Taxi was stopped and the driver was supposed to name the people in the car[as he didnt have a Taxi Licence]
..Good Job they dont stop me as I dont know who I am most of the time... :roll: ..
Apparently they tend to do this at the beginning of the season as a bit of a warning....
A Neighbour was fined quite a lot of money when he was caught last year... :wink:
Donna P

taxis

Post by Donna P »

Hi Big Sis

Thanks for that. I always wondered why my taxi man greets me as a long lost friend !!!!!!!!..................Just though he was an over-friendly guy, now I realise he is just trying to save his butt ! :oops:

Thanks again

Donna x :D
"Stop the world I want to get off"
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Big Sis.. wrote:A Neighbour was fined quite a lot of money when he was caught last year
Oh dear! What sort of neighbours do you have? Those who run illegal taxi services it would seem.

Alan
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Alan..

Its not quite as bad as that... :roll: but thanks for your concern..
Though i dont know the people that well... theyre spanish...but they had arranged to pick someone up from the airport for someone who rents out
...so had a board with the name on...and as they hadnt a specific licence they were fined[Im sure they wont be volunteering again]
The police are there really to stop these Taxi drivers who fleece the holidaymakers but as he hadnt a licence to pick people up he was fined...
The legit Spanish Taxi drivers take a dim view as of course they pay to pick up at the airports...