ideas for a present for the man who has everything

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Ciapolin

ideas for a present for the man who has everything

Post by Ciapolin »

A friend of mine has asked me for ideas for a birthday present for the new man in her life!

He is wealthy and a senior director in a major company, but other than that I don't have very much info except that they haven't known each other very long.

Anyone out there have any ideas for the man who seems to have everything?!!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Glenos

Gift for...

Post by Glenos »

Respectfully I say your friend should choose from the heart and give from the heart. I know what I'd rather have, and that would be something given in this way no matter how small or inexpensive. But there again I'm just a bloke (a romantic one though :roll: :D )
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I think that's what she's thinking of - I must say, he seems a bit too good to be true!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

But there again I'm just a bloke (a romantic one though )
Ow how nice is that a romantic guy whose not afraid to admit it..Good on yer Glenos :!: ..
Just what i was thinking something that she knows he likes and has taken the trouble to find out
..a ticket to a show... a Weekend away...or just a book from his favourite author and a meal cooked at home..[he might be fed up with fancy restaurants]
Just something that has shown some thought.... :wink:
Glenos

Glenos Proops

Post by Glenos »

I'd say go with her feelings. If she gets a knock back then at least she knows she gave with the most powerful thing in the universe, and if he is any kind of man he will know that and recieve the gift with hopefully loving acceptance and joy in return. If that obviously isnt the case, and she'll know, then he is too good to be true.

It's only my blokey opinion mind, and if I'm wrong I wont need a taxi, I'll need a rocket :lol:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

If all else fails most chaps like "gadgets" - the more off the wall the better, but it has to be clever, very clever. 8)

(My family have had this problem for years, and I have it now with our son!)

moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Ju

Post by Ju »

I would say the home cooked meal is a good idea. At the end of the day if he is well off he will already have the material things in life.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

...and a meal cooked at home..[he might be fed up with fancy restaurants]
Just something that has shown some thought....
If he's rich you can't compete with whatever other presents he may be receiving....but Yep!...A romantic candle light dinner at home sounds a very good idea! :D
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

My advice would be to be imaginative :wink:
If he has everything then far better to do something activity based that he will enjoy. Apart from the obvious..cough cough..for example, hub loves golf, so I paid for 2 week tickets to the Ryder cup the other year and he took different mates on different days, absolutely loved it and was thrilled.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

I think some new underwear would be appreciated. According to how good a friends they are would determine whether it is for him or her!! :wink:

Ruth
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

There was me trying to be subtle Kip :oops:

Actually Carole (TC) thank you sooo much. That post reminded me that our daughter bought us a dinner cruise in London for Xmas and it expires end of August, completely forgot about booking it up with the voucher :shock:

guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

I'm not very good at 'subtle' Party :?

Ruth :wink:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Me neither, takes one to know one :lol:

Glenos

Prezzies

Post by Glenos »

Perhaps a decent mens cologne may do the trick. Sommat world class maybe.
The mentioned retailers will send sample vials, so choosing is much easier than buying blind.
I'd reccomend getting samples from Oliver Creeds range. Many of these were individually created for royalty, film stars, such as Grace kelly, and even one made for Winston Churchill. Check out www.creedfragrances.co.uk
Secondly I would reccomend Serge Lutens. His work can be found at www.salons-shiseido.com Some of these frags' are non export but they will mail to you if ordered online or from the Shisiedo boutique in Paris; though many are available at www.escentual.co.uk or www.lessenteurs.com These houses produce some of the greatest fragrances in the world. They should produce a nice fragrance reaction for not too much outlay (£60 - £100) Other gifts, dosh allowing, such as dinner for two or theater tickets, should make a for nice evening together. A wonderful fragrance worn by either party could reinforce and evoke beautiful memories of his birthday evening...
It's another idea :D
Gus

Post by Gus »

Buy him a box of Bendick's Bittermints.