OH dear part 2

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

HelenB wrote:More than makes up for the lost money from the outlaws too.
There you go Helen - virtue triumphant!

Send something nice to the broken one, why not?
:)
Mols
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well :shock:

Good for you Helen :wink:
..Just was catching up on this and feeling really sorry for ya and Bingo :!: Fate stepped in[maybe its going to be Good News for all now..not like last week :roll: ]
Im really chuffed for ya..[apart from our daughters of course where I usually pay for their flights as well :roll: :wink: }
We didnt when his Sister and BIL stayed with us when we went..but this year both his brothers have gone and Ive charged about half...
Thought it would be difficult to start charging once weve let em go for nothing..also now they wont feel bad about asking again....
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It's a difficult one, what to charge your rellies, I wouldn't charge my parents for example if they wanted to go, unless it was high season. I charged about half too.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Helen..

I think I will start a thread on this could be interesting... :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Getting jittery, despite the fact they said they had booked their flights, and me sending the invoice by email while I was still talking to them on the phone, I still haven't received the Paypal payment.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Why not send them a reminder? Perhaps couched in the guise of an offer of help "in case you're having problems with paypal"....
I had to do that with someone this week and she apologised and said she simply hadn't got around to it :roll: but paid up promptly after the reminder.
Lounging on the lily pad...
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I agree with GF..Try that wouldnt harm..
If theyve been before as well I think theyre less likely to mess you about...
It is a worry isnt it though Ive been emailing someone about their balance and not getting replies :roll:
even though Ive said can you let me know youve received this..so phoned Wednesday she wasnt in left a message..
Got an email saying she was posting it and it arrived today..
So thats Good :wink: ...
Nothing like getting the balance chq is there..lots can happen from when they book to when they pay :) ...
Hope you have a successful outcome as well[sure you will :wink: ]
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Kipz wrote: Forgot to mention that the second year we said just give us what you think it is worth to you. On his return he gave me an envelope with £50 in it and said ' hope theat covers the electric.' :shock:
Reminds me of the family tale, just after the 2nd World War. My grandfather had a car on order - they were like hen's teeth then. He then had a stroke and was about to cancel it when an uncle said to take delivery and he would sell it for him immediately. He did and made a couple of hundred pounds profit - grandfather gave him a fiver for his trouble!

John
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Well, I sent them a reminder, to both hubby and wife's email. She emailed me back to say that she didn't think he had received invoices or he would have said. So i've sent them again to both emails, and also a separate email suggesting that they call me if there is any problem at all. I have tersted the system by sending myself an invoice, and it seems to be working perfectly well. I will do an email search this evening to see if i have a mobile phone number for them (have already left message on home phone). If I get no response this evening, the payment is overdue,and the dates will be vacant again. What is the matter with people?